Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small problem has recently reared up. a fairly long ride. Salem Oregon to Gardiner Oregon (my home). 150 Miles or so as I have it from google maps. Is this a long ride for the Monkey? I figure this will take four or five hours plus.depending on a bunch of factors. This 150 miles is the normal high figure that I do on my Shadow 750cc on my daily rides.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Not even long, I ride from San Jose to San Francisco on the back roads with stop light and it is about 55 miles one way "1.2hrs" 110 miles round trip plus if I go to Santa Cruz add about 32 miles which I'm thinking 4-5 hrs total of riding with one gas stop.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not even long, I ride from San Jose to San Francisco on the back roads with stop light and it is about 55 miles one way "1.2hrs" 110 miles round trip plus if I go to Santa Cruz add about 32 miles which I'm thinking 4-5 hrs total of riding with one gas stop.
I think I am still intimidated by other traffic. I do have the less 2 lane mostly routed.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Doesn't sound to me like it will be an issue. My biggest concern would be to wear something BRIGHT so traffic can see you if the Monkey struggles to keep up with traffic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I took mine down to the Blue Ridge mts.last month, and did a 172 mile day, mostly on Parkway...the 45 mph limit was perfect,took most of the day,with some stops for pics.etc...it was actually more fun that my bigger bikes on the parkway,but definitely a little intimidating where speed limits are higher..I just rolled 2300 miles after one year in my stable... All my other bikes have taken some time off this year...I never dreamed I would ride it as much as I have...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Longest shot I've done on my Grom was 60 miles one way, lots of twists and turns, took about 2 hours. Most I have done in a day was around 200 miles, broken up with a few stops for sightseeing. Google maps with "avoid highways" activated has always kept me on 125cc-safe streets, though I try to avoid 55mph roads for anything but short bursts. My Grom is completely stock, so top speed is no more than 60mph, it will hold 50 pretty comfortably. Wear full gear, hi-vis if your 'style' isn't the most important thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did 225 miles round trip, split between two days this summer, 55 mph the whole way on the back roads.. changed the oil when I left and when I got home.. ran like a top.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I do 300-400 all day rides on my BBK Grom. This past Smokey Mountain Crawl in June of this year I did 1,010 miles in 5 days. Its all in the maintenance. :big smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts