Honda Grom banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock OEM battery is not keeping up with running my heated gear power draw requirements. The CCA are adequate for starting the bike even in sub freezing temps, but after about 30 minutes of riding on full heat setting with the heated gear, the battery starts to fade.

Ordered an antigravity lithium battery that is rated at double the CCA and reserve capacity of the stock YTZ5S battery. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NGT53ZP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope it will do the trick. The Grom's alternator output is also weak for my needs, but the extra battery capacity should last long enough to get me through a one hour heated gear ride. How much power does the alternator output? Want to hook up heated gear...

·
Registered
833 Posts

This was also posted recently - high output stator

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Installed the ATZ-7 RS battery today and went for a ride. This is what I needed. I can run the heated gear at full and the battery does not drain down to a critical level. Double the reserve capacity and cranking power, less weight. Recommended upgrade if you are finding you need more juice for accessories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts