Honda Grom banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love me some music, but just curious what you guys think about listening to music and riding. Is it too hazardous?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I love me some music, but just curious what you guys think about listening to music and riding. Is it too hazardous?
I have a blue tooth headset in my helmet. I have my navigation, phone, and music all connected. I have driven thousands of miles while listening to music. As long as it is not so loud that you can't hear outside traffic you will be fine. I know lots of people who do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, sounds good. Is that left and right speakers? Are there good helmets with stuff like that built in?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have tried it a couple of ways, radio on bike (Goldwing) and headphones. Basically IMO music on a bike is a PITA. Not worth it to me. Too loud when I am stopped, too low when I am moving, wrong song, too much static etc....

I just enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I've headphoned for long rides but only one for safety but after an hour or so it starts hurting my ear being smashed in the helmet and having it turned up so loud to hear

Also here in FL you aren't allowed to have anything touching your ears so the only thing legal are speakers in your helmet or on the bike, not really worth getting a ticket over IMO

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have tried it a couple of ways, radio on bike (Goldwing) and headphones. Basically IMO music on a bike is a PITA. Not worth it to me. Too loud when I am stopped, too low when I am moving, wrong song, too much static etc....

I just enjoy the ride.
Yep. What he said.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just ride and scream at idiots the whole time. It's kinda fun

·
Registered
296 Posts
On real long rides away from traffic, I don't see anything wrong with it, so long as the volume is kept low. For my purposes, I don't generally do it. Too many cues you could miss. The Bike might be trying to tell you something, etc.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have some bose headphones that I use daily when I ride. They don't sit in the ear canal like some earphomes do so they let me hear stuff going on around me.

Sent from my BNTV400 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts