Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking high and low, and keep coming up with the same information that was posted 06-07-2013 @froggie3kb.

Now for the real bad news guys...

I figured this much as with all of the new models released the past 2 years they haven't produced a ton of them and have kept #'s extremely low. I thought we might just get lucky though and with Honda seeing how much hype these bikes have caused and with all of the deposits nationwide that they would ramp it up and get as many out as possible, as quickly as possible. Well that is NOT going to be the situation.

To give you an idea on how limited these will be: Level 5 Powerhouse dealers will only get (3) Grom's on their first shipment and can only have (3) per month for the first three months. The following two months they will only be able to get (2) Grom's. The following two months after that they will only be able to get (1) Grom. By this time now we're at March in 2014 and they will be open game and readily available.

We have very very few Level 5 Powerhouse dealers in the states so that will give you an idea on how rare these things are going to be until Spring of 2014. If you're dealer is on the small side "level wise" I hate to think just how little of these things they'll be able to get their hands on until Spring.

Long story short, if you haven't put a deposit on one you better get in line FAST! Unless of course you don't mind waiting till Spring of 2014.
This bad news keeps getting echoed across several different sites. Has anyone, ANYONE, heard any news that contradicts? I am certainly one man that hopes that someone out there has some better news for me!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have been looking high and low, and keep coming up with the same information that was posted 06-07-2013 @froggie3kb.

This bad news keeps getting echoed across several different sites. Has anyone, ANYONE, heard any news that contradicts? I am certainly one man that hopes that someone out there has some better news for me!
My dealer said he would only get 2 in August but there are only 2 deposits down, myself and him. As long as they get 1 I'm good since I was the first one to put a deposit down. Sorry if this doesn't help lol.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer said he would only get 2 in August but there are only 2 deposits down, myself and him. As long as they get 1 I'm good since I was the first one to put a deposit down. Sorry if this doesn't help lol.
Twisting the knife!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds pretty accurate. I'm getting three and my other location is getting three more. The part I'm less surr about is the availability in the following months. my understanding is that there may not be any more for quite some time after the initial shipment.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Right on and right on ... this is the time where "jumping the gun" worked out for A LOT of people. From day one three dealerships around me said they were only getting two in all of 2013 then weren't sure after that. Things keep sounding more and more that way.

·
Registered
677 Posts
my dealer doesnt have much of any info. theres 3 deposits, im number 1 (maybe 2) and my buddy alan is number 3. he GUARANTEED that alan would get his on first shipment... but no real confirmation. guess we will find out in the next month or so. lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
I really feel that froggie's information is pretty credible. This is all I keep hearing but I also feel like a lot of the dealers just don't know. Are the Honda reps keeping them out the loop or is it just a big game being played?

·
Registered
118 Posts
A buddy of mine that works at American Honda Corp in Torrance said that the U.S is getting the leftover production from what was made for Japan & U.K. He didnt mention how many was left over but did say once these bikes are gone they wont be getting any more till next year.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just glad I have my down payment in and got bumped up the list AND my dealer is Powerhouse! :)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
A buddy of mine that works at American Honda Corp in Torrance said that the U.S is getting the leftover production from what was made for Japan & U.K. He didnt mention how many was left over but did say once these bikes are gone they wont be getting any more till next year.

Japan is the only other country that I know that is getting the Grom. The UK has the MSX. So he is saying they are going to rebadge and change lights on the rest for the US?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Why would they boast about and promote it so much to only give us the scraps until next year? That just sounds like bad business.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Why would they boast about and promote it so much to only give us the scraps until next year? That just sounds like bad business.
Or a load of crap.. Time will tell, one of the guys on the ruck forum said they've been stocking the warehouse in Torrence (I think) for a while with Groms

btw highsider got HACKED lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Or a load of crap.. Time will tell, one of the guys on the ruck forum said they've been stocking the warehouse in Torrence (I think) for a while with Groms
Yeah time will tell. We are all just gonna have to wait till they actually get here. Torrance actually doesnt have any in the warehouse. Rite now the US only has 2 Demo GROMS. The Red one is in Torrance & the black one is back east somewhere.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts