Honda Grom banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
218 Posts
anyone noticed or measured the improved MPG/KPL ratings?

anyone noticed or measured the improved MPG/KPL ratings? The bike already gets amazing gas mileage, and I know most are doing this as a performance thing but, It would be very interesting to see how many miles or kilometres one can squeeze out of this bike with this upgrade. Anytime rotating mass is removed mpg/kpl usually goes up and 800 grams is a huge amount of rotating mass to remove!!! that about 1.7lbs of rotating mass A huge amount on a bike this small

My bike is 100% bone stock currently, and am considering doing this mod first just to measure improved fuel economy before I mess with intake/exhaust everything else stock my bikes rated at 68.1 kilometres per litre in Taiwan Currently I think its the most fuel effiecient option for sale in Taiwan even 50cc scooters here are getting 63k/l max and can no where match the power/speed of the MSX Will shoot for 75-90k/l after this mod! (fingers crossed) and the best part is performance is improved as well!!

JC can you calculate shipping to Taiwan? accept Paypal? I am also interested in the Flywheel puller tools and oil spinner tool Because I do not have these I will remove mine with the "no core" buying option, after mine are removed, can I ship you back my original Flywheel and oil spinner for a core credit to my paypal account?

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any long term updates/impressions and reliability data on this mod? Any issues with removing the spinner completely?

Are there other lighter flywheel options or purpose built aftermarket aluminum flywheels available?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Any long term updates/impressions and reliability data on this mod? Any issues with removing the spinner completely?

Are there other lighter flywheel options or purpose built aftermarket aluminum flywheels available?

Thanks!
I've run the Kitaco clutch side cover which removes the oil spinner on both my BBK kit groms 170-2v and 183-2v and now both at 181-4v, zero issues with a combined mileage of over 6,000 miles.

Kitaco removes the oil spinner and updates it with a real oil filter and ports for external oil cooler.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts