Honda Grom banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
According to the Honda Grom manual the puller is a 30mm x 1.50mm thread pitch. I also ordered one and can verify this. After looking on ebay in the states they are around $50. I recommend buying one from JC's website, you are unlikely to find a better price on one.

The Honda z50, CT70 and Honda nice engine pullers are not the same. I learned is the hard way, but at least I have all 3 now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The GROM option puller will fit the 2014 Honda GROM 125 / MSX 125.

ADD $19 it says. (not the same)
I know that, but it also doesn't state there is a change in size, pitch or thread direction either. The website would lead one to believe that the differences are with something other than size/pitch, etc..

·
Registered
592 Posts
I agree, it's not spelled out in detailed and specific terms, but that's not really a big deal. If you need the correct puller, he has it, and the option is available. Order the one for the grom and the grom puller is the one that will be sent :icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree, it's not spelled out in detailed and specific terms, but that's not really a big deal. If you need the correct puller, he has it, and the option is available. Order the one for the grom and the grom puller is the one that will be sent :icon_thumbright:
Noooo I don't wanna lol :). I was hoping I would get to use my crf50 puller again :( maybe I should just get a crf50 again :)

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Wondering about this problem, can someone for JC racing comment, thanks

Originally Posted by Gromlin
Hey all,
I got my reduced weight flywheel and oil spinner installed. I was wondering who else has installed these parts? Please chime in if you have first hand experience doing this.

What I have found is it dose rev quicker and gets up to speed quicker. I can certainly tell the torque off the line has been reduced. without that mass Its very hard to wheelie. In fact I'm noticing the clutch feels sloppy now after a 15 min ride. It grabs less efficient than it did before. I'm concerned I might need HD clutch plates.

Overall I like the mod and enjoy the quickness up to speed but I'm kind of on the fence about keeping it installed if it kills the clutch. Maybe I'll just do the flywheel and add some weight back with the stock spinner.

For reference my mods are full exhaust, K&N on intake and lightened flywheel and spinner.

This is what I posted on the other Grom website

wondering if you changed from dino oil to full synthetic oil and that might be part of the problem. Just trying to figure out why you can't do wheelies the HP should be the same and the only thing you did was reduce internal mass weight, anyway would be interesting to know what caused the problem.

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
He will probably need to lower his gearing some with a sprocket change if he wants to do wheelies. He is probably killing the clutch more trying to get the front wheel up which in turn is making it feel sloppy. With the reduced mass it will make it a little more difficult to get the front wheel up than before but a sprocket change will fix that very easily.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What's the Grom stock flywheel weight and average lightened flywheel weight? Is it surprising/any reason no one has made a new core lightweight aluminum flywheel?

Any more with this mod, and feedback?

61 - 77 of 77 Posts