Honda Grom banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, I have had the new flywheel on for about 1 week now. I can't lug the motor like I used to. I do have more vibration at idle now.
But on the other hand. It does rev quicker now. I am hitting the revlimiter in first and second gear now. And not having to down shift on some hills is a + now.

"D"

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Ok, I have had the new flywheel on for about 1 week now. I can't lug the motor like I used to. I do have more vibration at idle now.
But on the other hand. It does rev quicker now. I am hitting the revlimiter in first and second gear now. And not having to down shift on some hills is a + now.

"D"

Im on the fence with this mod. Might be a GREAT addition to a BBK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi. i am from singapore. was just wondering, do you guys ship to singapore? would love to get the oil spinner and flywheel. apparently, the website only does have US states and province, which means i cannot register an account and buy it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
If you have stock gearing and the engine RPM is the same at redline you will not get more speed, just get to speed faster. it doesn't matter if you have 10 or 500 HP. For example at 9000RPM with stock gearing in a straight line you may go 56 mph hypothetically. Now add 490 HP. You will still only hit 56mph once you hit the Rev limiter you will just get there is hell of a lot faster. To increase speed you need to change gearing too. Same goes for lightening the flywheel and spinner. HP shouldn't change too much just the Rev characteristics of the engine due to less rotating mass. the other advantage would be less weight on the crank, which could put less stress on the load bearing assemblies. As long as we aren't winding these engines up to 12K RPM they should last a while. If you plan on revving the piss out of them it may be wise to have everything dynamically balanced.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I don't understand the obsession with top speed on this bike. It was never meant to be a highway burner.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you have stock gearing and the engine RPM is the same at redline you will not get more speed, just get to speed faster. it doesn't matter if you have 10 or 500 HP. For example at 9000RPM with stock gearing in a straight line you may go 56 mph hypothetically. Now add 490 HP. You will still only hit 56mph once you hit the Rev limiter you will just get there is hell of a lot faster. To increase speed you need to change gearing too. Same goes for lightening the flywheel and spinner. HP shouldn't change too much just the Rev characteristics of the engine due to less rotating mass. the other advantage would be less weight on the crank, which could put less stress on the load bearing assemblies. As long as we aren't winding these engines up to 12K RPM they should last a while. If you plan on revving the piss out of them it may be wise to have everything dynamically balanced.
From what I've gathered, most people aren't hitting the rev limiter in 4th gear. Having a lightened spinner and flywheel should theoretically assist in being able to get to that point which would in turn "increase" the top speed of the bike. At least that's my understanding of things.

Sent from my iPod touch using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
474 Posts
lol yea this mod is for acceleration, not for top speed, however the added acceleration in 4th gear will in theory net you a higher top speed

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is a very brief process of what is being done in case anyone doesn't know how it works.

The flywheel is machined to my specs. The material is removed off the centerline of the crank which results in a better balanced flywheel in almost all cases due to the fact that most of them are stamped and not machined. I have done way too many flywheels other than just the GROM; I know how much can safely be removed to increase performance and not decrease reliability or worst yet, result in a flywheel failure due to trying to remove too much material.

Option A -- Price is $70.00 Shipped. You ship your flywheel to me. Almost always it ships back to you the day after I receive it.

Option B -- Price is $175 Shipped. I ship you an already lightened OEM flywheel. I will buy back your stock one if you are interested in selling it. This results in no riding downtime for you.

Option C -- Price is $200.00 Shipped. I ship you an already lightened OEM flywheel AND the flywheel puller. Same deal as above, I will buy back the stock flywheel and/or the puller if you are interested in selling it back. Again no downtime in riding, install at your own leisure

Buy back prices:
Stock flywheel -- $75
Puller -- $30

Most of these options are available and can be purchased on the website or you can PM me here for shipping info and Paypal.
Do you know if the puller is the same as the CRF50?? Have thread pitch/size on hand by chance?

41 - 60 of 77 Posts