Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a very brief process of what is being done in case anyone doesn't know how it works.

The flywheel is machined to my specs. The material is removed off the centerline of the crank which results in a better balanced flywheel in almost all cases due to the fact that most of them are stamped and not machined. I have done way too many flywheels other than just the GROM; I know how much can safely be removed to increase performance and not decrease reliability or worst yet, result in a flywheel failure due to trying to remove too much material.

Option A -- Price is $65.00 Shipped. You ship your flywheel to me. Almost always it ships back to you the day after I receive it.

Option B -- Price is $125 Shipped. I ship you an already lightened OEM flywheel. This results in no riding downtime for you.

Most of these options are available and can be purchased on the website or you can PM me here for shipping info and Paypal.

For any questions or confusion about pricing etc., use the contact us on the website or you can PM me here.

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your static weight reduction?
Moment of inertia reduction?
Safety factor?
Have you proofed your design? If so, to what RPM?
The weight reduction varies between flywheel's no 2 are exactly the same. Yep its proven. If you can manage to make one fly apart send it back and i'll replace it. Provided you installed it correctly.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Has this been proven for the Grom flywheels and how will this effect top end speed and holding higher RPM's?
And do you balance the flywheel after machining?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has this been proven for the Grom flywheels and how will this effect top end speed and holding higher RPM's?
And do you balance the flywheel after machining?
It's been proven on the hundreds of Ruckus flywheels he's done (Pioneer in the industry)

Also:
The material is removed off the centerline of the crank which results in a better balanced flywheel in almost all cases due to the fact that most of them are stamped and not machined.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm mostly curious how it will effect top speed. Acceleration on these bikes aren't bad, but don't want to lose the ability to keep up with steady 60-65mph traffic.

·
Registered
677 Posts
We also need to look into the oil spinner as well. If we can do both I think there could be a pretty decent gain from it

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Pretty convincing arguments. OK who is going to go first and post up the results?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts