Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As of yesterday, August 7th, LeoVince USA is now shipping their LV One and GP Corsa Racing Slip ons for the Grom! These guys will be a direct slip on for the stock exhaust, and will open the restrictive stock exhaust to maximize the 125cc motor!

The LV One EVO II is a stainless slip-on that features Superbike Styling and a really nice price. It will feature their "techno-polymer" end cap, and a carbon fiber strap to keep the weight down. You will be able to adjust the tone of the exhaust note with a removable insert.

The GP Corsa Racing Racing Slip-on will come in both a carbon fiber, or aluminum finish. It is going to be a high-power, low-cost exhaust that will both reduce weight and increase horsepower across the rev range. This exhaust was engineered with small bikes in mind, and was tuned specifically for the Grom.

LeoVince USA has also announced that the LV One EVO II and GP Corsa full-systems will be coming available for the Grom in early Fall. These guys will produce even more power and torque by pairing the slip-on systems with a tuned header for maximum exhaust flow.

GP Corsa Racing slip-on exhausts start at $199 for the aluminum silencer, and $239.00 for the carbon fiber. The LV One stainless version will go for $389.00. Both versions of the LV One and the GP Corsa are now available to order.

LV One EVO II Stainless Steel Slip-on

Part #: 8789
MSRP: $389.00

GP Corsa Carbon Fiber Racing Slip-on

Part #: 9726
MSRP: $239.00

GP Corsa Aluminum Racing Slip-on

Part #: 9725
MSRP: $199.00

·
Registered
67 Posts
i dont think the angle will get any better with performance companies. maybe some knockoff company will come up with an aesthetically pleasing slip on. I think a lot of people are over analyzing the pictures that exhaust companies put out. Think about the angle you will be looking at the bike from not 50ft away, but more like 10ft or closer. Yes when the kickstand is down this will change the view, but i think an standing height perspective (non STRAIGHT on angle) it will blend the piping into the subframe.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got a Leo on my Tuono and love it; I'll wait for a full system to come out and grab it

people keep complaining about the lines of the pipes, but most aren't thinking that any bend you put in a pipe causes restriction, and the reason to go with an aftermarket pipe is LESS restriction (if your going for functionality over looks, mind you; which I for one, do go for). If you're so concerned about how your bike looks, them maybe get a local machine shop to custom bend an intermediate pipe and weld it on for you, but know those two bends you put in it, may end up negating the gain from the new pipe, and could even further restrict flow for what the stock pipe was.

EDIT: Can someone with the MX125 take off the heat shield around the stock pipe and let us see those lines? From how it looks from the Honda photos, the aftermarket pipes might follow the stock lines, but the heat shield on it makes it look different. Plus the aftermarket pipe's bend at the can don't seem as sharp, allowing easier flow

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really don't mind the angle at all, but I would more than likely wait for a full system. I do like the size of the canister compared to the Yosh though, it seems to look more proportional.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I've got a Leo on my Tuono and love it; I'll wait for a full system to come out and grab it

people keep complaining about the lines of the pipes, but most aren't thinking that any bend you put in a pipe causes restriction, and the reason to go with an aftermarket pipe is LESS restriction (if your going for functionality over looks, mind you; which I for one, do go for). If you're so concerned about how your bike looks, them maybe get a local machine shop to custom bend an intermediate pipe and weld it on for you, but know those two bends you put in it, may end up negating the gain from the new pipe, and could even further restrict flow for what the stock pipe was.

EDIT: Can someone with the MX125 take off the heat shield around the stock pipe and let us see those lines? From how it looks from the Honda photos, the aftermarket pipes might follow the stock lines, but the heat shield on it makes it look different. Plus the aftermarket pipe's bend at the can don't seem as sharp, allowing easier flow
I reject your argument and substitute my own, especially when we are talking about a slip on muffler. It is my belief that the catalytic converter in the factor head pipe is and always will be WAY more restrictive that the few degrees of bend it would take to get the muffler to line up correctly with the natural lines of the bike. Additionally, also in my opinion, there is more than enough room to make that bend in a fairly large radius to minimize the impact, definitely a larger radius than the 90 degree bend in the factory pipe just after the catalytic converter. Finally, it is also my opinion that NONE of the high muffler designs is going for ultimate performance as ultimate performance would consist of a much shorter and lighter head pipe and a low mounted muffler with no catalytic converter and the absolute fewest bends possible.

If they are going to produce a high mounted pipe, especially a slip on, and put up with the catalytic converter, added weight to mount it up high, added bends to mount it up high there is absolutely NO reason to not design it so that the muffler lines up with the natural lines of the bike.

But that is just my opinion.

PS - I already thought of that, and if I do decided to get a different muffler I will have a pipe bent correctly for the bike.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Well right now today my first choice is to simply order the TYGA CF muffler for $190+ and then take it and my Grom to my local custom muffler/exhaust shop and have them bend a 10" piece of tubing for me and make my own slip on. I'm gonna wait until I have my Grom with my TT installed and my turn signals sorted out and all of that good stuff.

Should be fun. I love having stuff like this to think about and design in my head.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Well right now today my first choice is to simply order the TYGA CF muffler for $190+ and then take it and my Grom to my local custom muffler/exhaust shop and have them bend a 10" piece of tubing for me and make my own slip on. I'm gonna wait until I have my Grom with my TT installed and my turn signals sorted out and all of that good stuff.

Should be fun. I love having stuff like this to think about and design in my head.
That's all the tyga muffler costs?? Where the hell have I been?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Good point. I'll take my wife for a ride initially but after that, I doubt I will ever have a passenger again. Matter of fact, I am hoping to install some pegs that allow the removal of the passenger pegs.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Do you have some pegs in mind? Which ones?
Well I am HOPING some US companies will produce some.

But absent that, pretty much every aftermarket footpeg bracket I have seen is designed so the the rear peg/portion of the bracket bolts on to the main portion so they should be removable. I don't know enough about these Thailand and Taiwanese companies to make a decision at this point.

Whatever I buy I will post up in the Black Betty build thread.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Well I am HOPING some US companies will produce some.

But absent that, pretty much every aftermarket footpeg bracket I have seen is designed so the the rear peg/portion of the bracket bolts on to the main portion so they should be removable. I don't know enough about these Thailand and Taiwanese companies to make a decision at this point.

Whatever I buy I will post up in the Black Betty build thread.
I had some Asian Concepts rear sets for a Monkey. They were made of cheese. They would bend if you just looked at them. I see a lot of fancy anodized rear sets for the Grom on ebay and they all look extremely weak.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I had some Asian Concepts rear sets for a Monkey. They were made of cheese. They would bend if you just looked at them. I see a lot of fancy anodized rear sets for the Grom on ebay and they all look extremely weak.
That is EXACTLY what I am worried about. I know one US company said they MIGHT make some. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Tyga Performance seems to make a pretty quality product but no re-sets yet. I see new stuff coming out for the Grom almost daily so hopefully with time.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts