Honda Grom banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to have a downswept pipe on my Monkey mostly so I can run the clutch cover with the filter and oil cooler ports. I bought one of the inexpensive pipes from eBay but can't bring myself to install it mostly because I don't want to listen to it.

While on the Honda website the other day I was looking at the late model Grom pipe. It's ugly and has to weigh a zillion pounds but I see possibilities for it as a pipe on my Monkey. It would kinda-sorta serve as a skid plate as well as a flat place to lift it for maintenance. My only concern is that it'll be too long and hit the rear tire given the Monkey's 2" shorter wheelbase.

I figure if I can use the Grom right side footpeg mount to hang the muffler portion and if the mounting tabs don't line up with the hole in the frame that's an easy fix for my TIG welder. If I get it to fit I can always cut it open, remove the "cat" and dink around a bit to make it flow, too.

Anyone have a stock pipe (and a right side footpeg mount) they'd like to part with for this experiment?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Kitaco clutch cover will fit with almost every high mount aftermarket exhaust. Fits with akrapovic, takegawa etc. Do not always believe what is said on product the description.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts