Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
No. IMO it is basically a little 70/110 size bike with lights. I would not want to ride that on anything other than residential streets. The Grom is physically larger and I have no worries about riding it on business type streets.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Even if it was $1,000 I personally wouldn't fool with it.

I've dealt with chinese race pitbikes in the past and their fun for a short period of time but not something I would want to keep for an extended period of time. The parts issue was the biggest gripe for me since they make a lot of minor changes throughout a model year it can make things a pain.

You spend more for the big brand names but for the $$ it saves you a lot of time, potential headaches etc. I've gotten more and more lazy to where I'd rather ride than work on it, so yeah, I'd have to pass even if I was saving $1,500+ on the inital purchase.

Plus when it comes to aftermarket go fast & look good goodies the knock off brand department is seriously lacking compares to the big brands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with everything below. I stay away from chinese products for quality and political reasons.

Even if it was $1,000 I personally wouldn't fool with it.

I've dealt with chinese race pitbikes in the past and their fun for a short period of time but not something I would want to keep for an extended period of time. The parts issue was the biggest gripe for me since they make a lot of minor changes throughout a model year it can make things a pain.

You spend more for the big brand names but for the $$ it saves you a lot of time, potential headaches etc. I've gotten more and more lazy to where I'd rather ride than work on it, so yeah, I'd have to pass even if I was saving $1,500+ on the inital purchase.

Plus when it comes to aftermarket go fast & look good goodies the knock off brand department is seriously lacking compares to the big brands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts