Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m not sure if this is the correct section to ask.....but has anyone installed a Koso Thunderbolt Headlight in a Grom? I ordered one and after it’s installed I have terrible voltage drop and the LED’s won’t fire. I have plenty of voltage before the harness adapter plug over 12v, but after the plug with the light installed it reads 5v. If I hook the light up directly to the battery it lights just fine. Has anyone else had this issue, and were you able to correct it?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the bike it originally had a LED headlight and turn signals when I bought it. The light that is light is a running light I am powering with a 9v battery to see what it would look like. The new turn Signals work fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hmmm...that should be plug n' play...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s what I read too, that it is a “plug and play” set up. That is why I bought it, but it’s been a pain in my butt. I wanted to install it to gain clearance for the front tire because the bike is lowered 4”.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have you tried contacting Tristan Page at TripageLED? I wonder if the adapter is faulty...

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Take the conversion plug off and take a meter and put it into ohm setting, touch both the red/black leads to make sure the ohm reading is Zero how check the connection of the RED wire from one plug to the other plug and they should read Zero, do the same same for the other colored wires Blue and Yellow and if they check ok then the only problem left is that the wiring might be wrong for LED H4 connection.

Looking at various schematic of H4 connections some use the two side connection as GND and the other one as HI or Low beam and the top connector as either or.

Your light won't work until you start your motor which would up the voltage closer to +12 v instead of the low +5v. It's like any grom front head light where it don't come on until you fire up the motor and let it idle

looking at the conversion plug you have the RED wire is being jumped over to the Blue wire and the Yellow wire goes to the top connection.

That conversion plug you bought, you will no longer have a Hi-beam indicator work on your ODM cluster.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts