Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently installed the koso clutch lifting plate in my 2018 Grom.
1st start up after had no clutch, I adjusted at the lever all the way to the lever no room there ... and it grabs ...
My question is is it possible for my clutch to be slipping at all if I'm hitting rev limit at each gear at the right mph all the way and including 4th?
Also if I was slipping I would not be able to pop my clutch at all right I am able to pop the front wheel up (never wheelied in my life correctly) but it pops up am I good to not worry?

·
Registered
146 Posts
You can have a clutch that doesn't slip on flat ground but will slip a little going up hills. I think it would be more likely to slip at the torque peak more so than at redline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can have a clutch that doesn't slip on flat ground but will slip a little going up hills. I think it would be more likely to slip at the torque peak more so than at redline.
I'll try out some Hills tomorrow. What would I be looking for... revving out without the power? ... I can positively pop a wheelie tho .. I think that's a good point to know it's not slipping ... update: adjusted a little bit today and feel optimistic about it. I'm hoping it's all in my head .. but I do notice without throttle letting go of the clutch slowly it will get going in small jerks like it heaves 1 then 2 times then I'm all the way out of gear... idk much about motorcycles at all this is my 1st season 1st bike
Thanks for the input dude!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ye
You can also adjust the cable on the clutch side with these 2 bolts.
View attachment 85953
Yes I did about a 3/8th of and inch toward the bars (front) and it feels a bit better still not crazy about the koso plate tho too many little things I think I'm feel although I'm a huge over thinker lol thanks this dude 🤙✌.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts