Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The KOSO DB03R is not "plug&play" . This is how I did it ;

Connect Honda (H) Yellow/white - Koso (K) Green . ( Fuel input and has to be set at 250 Ohm ).
H Oranje - K Oranje . (Turn left)
H Light green Red - K white (neutral)
H blue - K yellow ( High beam )
H Light blue - K blue ( Turn R)
H Red Yellow - K Red ( batterie 12V )
H Black - K Brown ( Ign switch )
H White blue - K Purple ( motor amber warning light )
H Green Black - K Black (Ground)
H Green - K White black ( speed sensor ground )
H Pink - K Blue Red ( speed sensor power )
H White Red - K Blue White ( speed signal ) Tip ; You can connect the White Red speed signal at the same time to your Power Commander speed input. It will see your speed and Gears and from now you can make different maps for each gear.
I did not connect the H Yellow Green with the K Brown Red ( RPM ). Instead I have used the included cable connector to the ign. coil and ground.
I have used an optional Koso 10mm temp sensor and placed it where the original sensor is mounted ( first drain oil ).
The original LCD connector is still working , can switch it back in no time or can connect both LCD's at the same time for callibration.

It has a Voltmeter with warning , Temp. with warning , 2 shift lights ; yellow and red , Gear indicator , time functions , 3 RPM ranges ;10K , 12K and 15K , 3 display colors ;oranje, blue and purple, speed warning , ...

Used parameters ;
Speedometer : A6 0300 12P (for example , when you set it at A6 0300 13P your speedometer wil read lower speed ).
RPM : A7 Hi Act P-0.5 (using included cable connected at + coil and ground).
Fuel : A9 250.

See pictures :

A1 KOSO DB03R Start up.jpg A2 KOSO DB03R.jpg A3 KOSO DB03R.jpg B1 twee connectorskopie.jpg B3 KOSO 10mm temp sensor.jpg B4 locatie temp sensor.jpg C1 KOSO DB03R.jpg Two lcd's .jpg P9120787.JPG

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sweet mother of Jesus. Awesome work! How was the mounting of the unit? Do you think it's possible to make it plug and play by making an adapter harness between the two plugs?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Almost forgot. How did you account for mileage? Can you program it or ?
It can be programmed for Miles and Kilometers , no problem . You can also put in your total distance , so you don't have to start fom zero. The parameters from the speedometer can be set , it can work like a "speedohealer" (when you change sprockets) .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet mother of Jesus. Awesome work! How was the mounting of the unit? Do you think it's possible to make it plug and play by making an adapter harness between the two plugs?
As far as I know there does not exist an adapter harness. I wanted to make one by myself but did not found the right connector to make it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am very sorry , do not know what they are.
"
I have not used the included splicers because the whole cluster would be not compact anymore . Made "T-in"connections by soldering and using heat shrink electrical insulation tubes , one by one. Taped the whole cluster together.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have been talking to KOSO. The unit is 250 state side. They are also coming out with An A/F gauge that matches. And has a bracket for the bar clamps.

Seems between the two we get the best of all worlds.
Temp. Gear position. Voltage. Ability to adjust the Speedo for gear changes. Add al those units up and your saving money making the swap..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you like the steering damper?
The steering damper is ok and is functional . The thing came from Thailand . It is made from aluminium and had crazy anodized colors . I have removed the colors with NaOH ( caustic soda ) and finished with metal polish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
this should be a sticky

·
Registered
592 Posts
It looks as if one of the koso connectors, connects into the honda harness, correct?! Or is it all hard wired?

Great work and thanks for sharing! Maybe one of you smart guys can make a plug n play harness ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
There is a rumor that Koso is making this a plug and play kit for the grom.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts