Honda Grom banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this with the bearing support and off throttle I can hear chain noise on occasion. It’s not every time, but I did hear it a few times. Everything was rotating freely and I did remove the plunger, but didn't pay attention to indexing when I reinstalled it. I saw somewhere that this needs primed with some oil too, but all the installs pretty much say nothing..

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
When I installed my Koso cam chain tensioner, I installed a new roller wheel that is mounted inside the cyllinder cam chain wall, I also removed the stock plunger unit with the spring and installed GromFatherZ "GFZ" manual cam chain adjuster unit. I adjusted the unit until there was min slack on the cam chain. I then removed the bigger inspection plug on the flywheel side crank case cover and insert I believe was a 12 or 13mm socket on the new 4th bearing nut and rotated the fly wheel "remove the spark plug" so that the engine will pump oil thur out the engine. Once I see oil dripping off the cam chain I button up everything and go for a short ride to see how the cam chain sound like or how the engine sound like, if noisy I hold in the clutch just to see if the noise is coming from the clutch side unit or transmission or cam chain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts