Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody on here tried either the Takegawa or Kitaco rear shocks on their Monkey, they are both readily available here in the UK and both about the same price, or at least pretty close.
I can't decide which to go for or just go down the preload-spacer route.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
388 Posts
Not apples to apples but I did have the Takegawa preload adjustable shocks on my Super Cub. I weigh about 85 to 90 kg typically before gear and having the decent spring rate and their heavier damping compared to stock was a big improvement. Less bottoming and a smoother ride.

Both are very good companies though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not apples to apples but I did have the Takegawa preload adjustable shocks on my Super Cub. I weigh about 85 to 90 kg typically before gear and having the decent spring rate and their heavier damping compared to stock was a big improvement. Less bottoming and a smoother ride.

Both are very good companies though.
Thanks Chillis, that's one for the Takegawas, I was leaning that way but purely because I like the other Takegawa stuff on my bike.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you are under 85 kg they will be ok , fitted Kitaco in red for few kilometers , spring rate was intended more for some light asian drivers , went öhlins than.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are under 85 kg they will be ok , fitted Kitaco in red for few kilometers , spring rate was intended more for some light asian drivers , went öhlins than.
Thanks Ghostrider.1127, I've got about 12kg to play with in that case, were the Kitacos still better than stock though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts