Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Vendor
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Since there is soo much to this kit, we figured it would be good to do a video.

·
Vendor
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
whats the bore on the 235? and whats the cylinder height?
Hmm... Franco claims its a 67mm piston, with 64.9mm stroke, except that puts us at 228/229ccs. If we up it to 68mm, we get 235/236cc. We know that the 204 is 67mm, so that would make sense that the 235 is a stroker of the 204, but... if we were to use that same piston, we would need a 66.5mm stroke. But maybe its not, as the 204 doesnt require a bored out crankcase?... hmmmmmmmmm.

Hes also got the finbro stroker spacer, which... is 3mm. Website says 235 to 209cc, if we were to get to 235cc with a 3mm stroke increase, our piston would need to be 70mm, and for the 209, we would need 66mm piston.

Has anyone really measured their built finbro engines? (probably not, thats why you went with a built engine from the start, right?)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hmm... Franco claims its a 67mm piston, with 64.9mm stroke, except that puts us at 228/229ccs. If we up it to 68mm, we get 235/236cc. We know that the 204 is 67mm, so that would make sense that the 235 is a stroker of the 204, but... if we were to use that same piston, we would need a 66.5mm stroke. But maybe its not, as the 204 doesnt require a bored out crankcase?... hmmmmmmmmm.

Hes also got the finbro stroker spacer, which... is 3mm. Website says 235 to 209cc, if we were to get to 235cc with a 3mm stroke increase, our piston would need to be 70mm, and for the 209, we would need 66mm piston.

Has anyone really measured their built finbro engines? (probably not, thats why you went with a built engine from the start, right?)
The last 7cc's are in the the dome of the head... But yeah... 228cc of "actual" displacement.

My 235 4v piston measures 66.6mm in actual piston diameter.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The last 7cc's are in the the dome of the head... But yeah... 228cc of "actual" displacement.

My 235 4v piston measures 66.6mm in actual piston diameter.
Oh thats bull crap. you cant pull that. Thats like labeling cereal boxes with the volume of the box, not the volume of the cereal.

But then again, finbro is the aio 0 work completely safe will never fail ECM. ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh thats bull crap. you cant pull that. Thats like labeling cereal boxes with the volume of the box, not the volume of the cereal.

But then again, finbro is the aio 0 work completely safe will never fail ECM. ;)
I concur.... I had asked Franco about the math.. He told me about where the 7cc's come from....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks awesome. So after you've had a kit that busted a head gasket due to thin walls, and another that busted the crank bearings due to poor quality, and you still want bbk... This is like that last one you should ever have to buy.
I think I am gonna save some cash up or sell some stuff in order to pick this kit up since I have my stock engine collecting dust.

sorry Hard Racing for drifting a little off topic. This kit looks pretty dope,

·
Vendor
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks awesome. So after you've had a kit that busted a head gasket due to thin walls, and another that busted the crank bearings due to poor quality, and you still want bbk... This is like that last one you should ever have to buy.

Exactly.

I think I am gonna save some cash up or sell some stuff in order to pick this kit up since I have my stock engine collecting dust.

sorry Hard Racing for drifting a little off topic. This kit looks pretty dope,

LOL.. no worries.
It was entertaining reading. ;-)

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
question on the cam chain tensioner, do you or can you use the mod metal gear tensioner that we are modding or do you use the stock rubber wheel tensioner????

Wondering about the new cam chain and will it match up to the mod metal gear tensioner.

I guess your see-thru glass cam cover will work or Not!!!!!!!!!!

·
Vendor
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
question on the cam chain tensioner, do you or can you use the mod metal gear tensioner that we are modding or do you use the stock rubber wheel tensioner????

Wondering about the new cam chain and will it match up to the mod metal gear tensioner.

I guess your see-thru glass cam cover will work or Not!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, the HD Chain that comes with the NEO Kit, is the same pitch that the stock one is................ It's just a STRONGER Chain.

So should be no reason it doesn't work.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts