Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, someone know what are the specs of the cam in the kitaco neo 181 BBK? I ask because after install I need top start tune using the Power Vision and this info can help me to find a closes tune to start from.
Thanks in advance, regards
Dariusz W.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ask the vendor who sold you the bbk?

Reactions: 50-50

·
Registered
158 Posts
You need to ditch that PV and get an aracer and do it right, the 2nd time in your case.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha ha is a little expensive do a change now, PV is what I have and like to use. Whit the cam info I can be close to a first start map so I can only adjust and be good for the NEO

·
Registered
237 Posts
DJ offers a base map for the NEO kit. It uses the stock throttle, but you should be able to rescale TPS column values to something workable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Look in your Installation Manual wich comes with the Kit, Camshaft Timings are provided by Kitaco.

I am sorry but Wicked_VFR is right, ditch the PV and get a Aracer Mini 5 with the AF1 AFR Modul.

I am running a complete Neo Kit with 34mmTB, Hindle Exhaust and all the supporting Mods, i have tried everthing to get the Bike run well with an PCV/WB2,
search for my Posts here in the Forum, drove around 600 miles to build a Map but never got it runing perfect. After installing the Aracer Mini 5 / AF1 the Bike ran
instantly better, building the Map only needed around 1hr riding Around.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Look in your Installation Manual wich comes with the Kit, Camshaft Timings are provided by Kitaco.

I am sorry but Wicked_VFR is right, ditch the PV and get a Aracer Mini 5 with the AF1 AFR Modul.

I am running a complete Neo Kit with 34mmTB, Hindle Exhaust and all the supporting Mods, i have tried everthing to get the Bike run well with an PCV/WB2,
search for my Posts here in the Forum, drove around 600 miles to build a Map but never got it runing perfect. After installing the Aracer Mini 5 / AF1 the Bike ran
instantly better, building the Map only needed around 1hr riding Around.
I've been running the PV3 (NOT the PCV) for under 50 miles and it idles fine, runs fine, and the map is dialed in. Sounds a lot like user error - 600 miles to tune a single cylinder motor is insanity. aRacer and PV3 are both fine choices. I would not personally run a piggyback box such as the PCV. For reference, I'm using the a 32 mm ported throttle from a Honda Streetfire (old model); the only issue I had was the stock battery not being strong enough for the 181 kit.

·
Registered
877 Posts
But why? My pcv runs neat. I had basically forgot about fueling since I installed it. Bike fired up at fucking first try after engine reinstall. I neither set it up yet since 2017

·
Registered
237 Posts
Value. For the price, I'd rather be putting technology from the 2000's on my bike and not something that would be more appropriate being sold in 1990. The signal interrupter-style piggyback boxes are seriously old, basic tech... even with a programmable GUI. PV3 allows for enabling/disabling of OEM systems (LTFT/STFT, decel fuel-cut, tip sensor, kickstand sensor, etc.). Given my tuning experience, I can confidently say that the aRacer and PV3 are the only two management systems I'd bother with. The former on a track bike, the latter on a street bike (as it retains a few more handy features).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts