Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I install a big throttle kit from kitaco on my grom 2014.
But it only runs good on idle and full throttle i have one sensor thats not connected.
I really dont understand wich cabel i should connect there?
I marked the sensor on the picture

Attachments

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Most throttle body for groms have two sensor, one is the Throttle sensor, simple to see which one it is and the second sensor is the cold start or idle sensor.

When installing anything new on a OG you need to reset the ECU if you are running a stock ECU, it is always done when doing any changes.

After the reset of ECU and reset of TP, ride around for about 15-20 miles until the ECU adjust for the new hardware changes.

When engine is warm and idle also adjust the air/fuel screw.

Good Luck

·
Registered
179 Posts
Given the location in your signature, you probably don't have a way to use the fast idle valve (and this should be fine... but you might have to rig something up if the FIV is leaking without being energized). This was something added in US-market bikes.

There are actually four connections related to throttle:

Input:
TPS - throttle position (always present)
IAT - intake air temp. (always present, but located on the air-box on the stock bike)

Output:
Injector (located on manifold or throttle)
Fast idle valve (only present in USDM market but there is one on the Kitaco throttle)

The Kitaco kit relocates the IAT to the throttle itself, so you need to connect the jumper harness to the throttle, and then the stock connectors for IAT and TPS to the jumper harness. There is a fast idle valve on the Kitaco throttle that you will also make a connection to (this is the connector you highlighted). Since you will not be using the idle valve, tape it over with electrical tape.

If you can't get the FIV plugged or working, a better throttle may be the early CB150R Streefire throttle (16400-K15-902) which drops right in and only has IAT/TPS:

For what it's worth, I have a US-market bike running this throttle and have started without issue (without FIV) in weather between 0-30 deg C.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Fast idle valve (only present in USDM market but there is one on the Kitaco throttle)
I'm 99,9% sure the fast idle valve is present on all Groms / MSX125 except the Thai models (MSX125D?).
I know for sure it's present on Euro MSX (like OP), Korean and Japanese models.

Not much to add to what Mr Saturn said. Here is a link to the Japanese manual, a bit of google translation could help you out: https://www.kitaco.co.jp/data/product/media/403-1432000~100.pdf
If you still can't figure it out send a mail to Kitaco, they are usually very helpful.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm 99,9% sure the fast idle valve is present on all Groms / MSX125 except the Thai models (MSX125D?).
I know for sure it's present on Euro MSX (like OP), Korean and Japanese models.
You could be right... why they chose to add a FIV and not a little throttle choke at the throttle grip itself is beyond me. Ducati had this figured out decades ago by adding a little spring-loaded button to the throttle grip housing that was essentially a raised idle stop that cracked the throttle 1% or so. It worked GREAT as a cruise control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts