Honda Grom banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 5 axis was extremely loud too but a couple straight cut cam gears means even more soundtrack for the Kitaco.

Can you elaborate on valve adjustment? Have the lashes changed yet during break in?

Lastly, what type of speeds are you getting?
Oh, speed. Uhm, 'i am a law abiding citizen who always follows the posted road speed as advised' and have never, ever gotten my 16/31 gearing to bang off the limiter at 12k in 5th gear. Ever.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
968 Posts
Oh, speed. Uhm, 'i am a law abiding citizen who always follows the posted road speed as advised' and have never, ever gotten my 16/31 gearing to bang off the limiter at 12k in 5th gear. Ever.
That is well over 100 mph with that gearing if you have the Takegawa 5 speed(same top speed ratio as factory 4th).

Now regarded that my Takegawa 4 valve 5 axis ported setup was tuned like utter crap thanks to A-Racer auto tune instructions/function, I could never get 5th gear on level ground near redline.

The performance faded really fast due to improper tune as well as wrong ring gap.

If you can hit rev limiter with that gearing that thing must rip.

Plan on any video footage?

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

LOL ...

Of course you are. ;-)

61 - 63 of 63 Posts