Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
KITACO ALL NEW DOHC BIG BORE for Honda Grom 215-1432900

Yep, DUAL OVERHEAD CAM for a Honda Grom.
  • MONSTER DOHC Head
  • DUAL CAMSHAFTS
  • 181cc FORGED PISTON
  • 181cc HARDPLATED cylinder
  • Piston, rings, pin, clips and gasket kit
  • Kitaco HighProfile Camshafts
  • Kitaco Forged Crank Shaft
  • Kitaco Forged H-Style Con-Rod
  • High Performance Cam Shaft & Head
  • New Reinforced Cam Chain
  • New HD Valve Springs
  • New HD Cylinder Studs
  • New Hi-flow Injector

Should be an interesting Summer for sure. ;-)

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
968 Posts
What is the solution for cam chain guides?

I think I see it. Cam chain to center sprocket which is a gear drive to cams. No special guides needed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow. How much???

(I looked it up on their site--MSRP $3200, their price $2499.)

·
Registered
578 Posts
What kind of power is this supposed to produce?

What are the expected benefits of the design?

·
Registered
968 Posts
What kind of power is this supposed to produce?

What are the expected benefits of the design?
Not sure about power but you should be able to attain higher rpm due to not having to swing rocker arms, adjuster screws and locknuts.

This design acts against a rocker that is just a finger on the shim/valve. Less weight/inertia compared to a sohc with rockers where the cam pushes one side of rocker up and the other side pushes the valve down but again, swinging the screw and nut.

Valve adjustments will be a pain though.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Forgot to add that the larger head will have more cooling mass and space for larger ports.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Whos doing it first?

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
247 Posts
KITACO ALL NEW DOHC BIG BORE for Honda Grom 215-1432900

View attachment 89581

Yep, DUAL OVERHEAD CAM for a Honda Grom.
  • MONSTER DOHC Head
  • DUAL CAMSHAFTS
  • 181cc FORGED PISTON
  • 181cc HARDPLATED cylinder
  • Piston, rings, pin, clips and gasket kit
  • Kitaco HighProfile Camshafts
  • Kitaco Forged Crank Shaft
  • Kitaco Forged H-Style Con-Rod
  • High Performance Cam Shaft & Head
  • New Reinforced Cam Chain
  • New HD Valve Springs
  • New HD Cylinder Studs
  • New Hi-flow Injector

Should be an interesting Summer for sure. ;-)

👀👀👀👀👀

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I cant for the price of the kit but ide love to see who does

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow. How much???

(I looked it up on their site--MSRP $3200, their price $2499.)
I paid $2400 for my 2018 Grom with less than 200 miles on it just a few months ago. Hey, whatever gives you a woody but geez, what a waste. For $5K you could have a honest tricked out mid-bore crotch rocket and a decent set of leathers for track day fun.

For some reason this reminds of all the people that spent countless hours becoming world class good at Guitar Hero when if they'd spent that time on a real guitar they'd really know how to play.

Is going 75 mph on a Grom a thing that impresses the girls? Enquiring minds want to know. You know, the world human powered record is over 83 mph on a bicycle. Now that's impressive.

·
Vendor
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I paid $2400 for my 2018 Grom with less than 200 miles on it just a few months ago. Hey, whatever gives you a woody but geez, what a waste. For $5K you could have a honest tricked out mid-bore crotch rocket and a decent set of leathers for track day fun.

For some reason this reminds of all the people that spent countless hours becoming world class good at Guitar Hero when if they'd spent that time on a real guitar they'd really know how to play.

Is going 75 mph on a Grom a thing that impresses the girls? Enquiring minds want to know. You know, the world human powered record is over 83 mph on a bicycle. Now that's impressive.
LOL, if you have to ask these questions, then you don't understand the Grom, or the Grom Community.

Why do people spend so much on an Expensive Watch, when a Cheap Timex works just as well. ?

Why do people spend soo much on a nice car when a cheap car can get them to work. ?

Why do woman buy expensive hand bags, or shoes, when cheap ones work just as well.

Why even buy a motorcycle if you have a car. ?

They all have the same answer........ because people spend money on whatever makes them feel good.

That's why we all bust our butt at work everyday, to buy stuff we enjoy and makes us feel good. Otherwise, what's the point in it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,490 Posts
I am glad you enjoy your Grom, I enjoy mine as well. I also enjoy spending way too much money on it because I like to tinker on cars and bikes. I ride my Grom, a lot. Well over 13,000 miles on my 2020 Grom. I ride it because I love it, I love it because it is fun. I have an FJR1300 that is way faster, but still spend money on things my Grom doesn't really need, just so I can play around on it. We all enjoy these bikes or we wouldn't keep them. We are all entitled to enjoy them in whatever state of tune we like.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Just like my 2015 grom thats for sale its been built a few times and it final stage its in is super fun but i want to ride my stockito grom more and maybe get a newer one to do it all over again.

I build these and throw money at it because thats what I enjoy, make it faster race your friends blow it up and build it bigger and repeat.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would love to make an install video for it. Hint hint wink wink tug tug :p

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yes, Grom's are as much about endless modification as riding, if not more.

Great hobby in and of itself. Unique.

Glad it does not attract women. Women get in the way of modification of the Grom! (..and they weaken legs :) )

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,490 Posts
My wife loves mine!

Except that I bought it.....
Own it......
Ride it......
Spend money on it......
But she really does love it!

Maybe....
Not?