Honda Grom banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
i don't really see a point in stretchin out the GROM. unless you do a 450 swap or some crazy speed mods. mo money mo problems. this is so cool now i can do so much less with my grom! im so excited!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Everyone has their own opinions. ^

I would stay away from the composimo kickstand mount, mine bent the first time I used it

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would stay away from the composimo kickstand mount, mine bent the first time I used it
Mine has bent as well, but still works. However, I wouldn't say "stay away from" anything Composimo. John has always been very helpful and up front when I've spoken to him, and I'm sure he'll address any issue you contact him about. I plan to give him a call and discuss this with him, and I have no doubt I'll be satisfied with his solution, based on my previous dealings with him.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ive already spoken to John regarding this. he is working on a solution, im sure it involves simply a new front plate made out of a stronger material. if we already purchased the kickstand mount, we will be taken care of according to him so we are good ;) this is why the product is not on his page for now as he is fixing the issue.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mine has bent as well, but still works. However, I wouldn't say "stay away from" anything Composimo. John has always been very helpful and up front when I've spoken to him, and I'm sure he'll address any issue you contact him about. I plan to give him a call and discuss this with him, and I have no doubt I'll be satisfied with his solution, based on my previous dealings with him.
No, I love all his products, I was just letting people know that mine bent easily. I wasn't aware this has been addressed to john (composimo) already. In that case I'm glad and am looking forward to a solution. And I was able to bend it right back without a problem you just have to be a little careful with it.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay ... without googling it on the web ... who can tell me why kickstands are always on the left side of a motorcycle? The answer will surprise you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old thread as I can see, but still not much on the lowered kickstand so today I created a solution for around 40$. I'm running a composimo adjustable stretch set on 6" with a 4.5 rear lowering link. I took my stock kickstand off and cut the foot of it off, then cut out the section between the foot and the triangle brace and re welded the foot back in directly under the triangle brace. Cost me 40$ at a local welding shop and works perfect!

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts