Honda Grom banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just need some more info on just the cylinder/piston kit - not the combination of the kit plus ported/polished head. Is anyone still running this kit or has everyone moved onto the complete Finbro 183? I haven't found any info with regards to HP output - an increase to 13 was mentioned in one of the posts but nothing conclusive. Another post (review by wondermuscle) saw an ~ 20mph increase to the top end. I read up on a similar 170 kit by Koso and the dyno results only show a 1.11ps increase over stock (9.23 to 10.34). $400 seems pretty steep for that kind of a gain? Torque seems to be the selling point with this kind of kit. Thoughts? Is there any point getting the kit if you are just going to be using the stock head (seeing as the complete finbro is an extra $200)?

Some background...

My brother is a cheap arse trying to get the most for his money and gain more HP. I told him to go with Finbro inc his ECM as it is complete! ~18hp is a solid improvement from stock. I told him to also go with the 31mm TB but then it became "too expensive".

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I have both kits BrianS 170 and Finbo 183, both are great BBK kits.

I have installed on one of my two groms BrianS 170 cylinder and pistion and did not get as good results as with the full blown kit. I assume if you did the BrianS 170 cylinder and piston I would recommend at least get the Crower cam and get a dual spring setup for your stock valves and Crower sells the springs also. You will also need the 2013 Honda scooter PC-150 F/I. A fuel manage system is a must.

Remember you go cheap equals not as good HP as if you went all in meaning Full BBK with the P/P head, PCV and WB02 sensor. HP and speed is not cheap and Free.

Good Luck and Ride safe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts