Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, do I get the MNNTHBX swingarm parts and use the stock arm for $300 or just get another Kepspeed swingarm for $200?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Wow, very scary. Glad you caught it in time. I had high hopes for the swingarm since so many people had bought it recently. I actually started to buy it, but backed out due to the shipping cost. Decided to do MNNTHBX bushings instead. Have you contacted Kepspeed yet?

·
Registered
772 Posts
So glad I never decided to go Kepspeed.

If I buy an aftermarket swingarm, I will go with a GCraft, and keep the stock as a spare.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'll say it again, because it cannot be stressed enough with how many of these swingarms are probably out there...Y I K E S.

Reactions: Phoenix and Pard

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is why it pays to resist the temptation to buy cheap components whose failures could be catastrophic.

Cheap handle bars, cheap rear-sets, cheap clip ons...

Pay up front now for quality. or pay later, perhaps with your life.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My short experience with cheap ebay race bars is why I bought Driven rearsets and The Ruck Shop race bars.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
380 Posts
I never installed my Kepspeed. Was looking at the G-Craft, because I like the chain slider better. DY101 has one on his bike. You can see it in his build thread. I think it is like $600 though.

I wonder how many have failed? They’ve sold a bunch of them.

There is that person that had 2 Takegawa swingarms fail. They are high quality and expensive. I believe they broke in the same place. Everything can fail I guess.

I was thinking about selling the Kepspeed. Then going G-Craft or MNNTHBX bushings/OTB chain adjusters. I like the factory chain slider.

·
Registered
380 Posts
How many Honda stock swingarms have failed? Probably none.

Too important a component to risk it.

Keeping your wheels on the motorcycle has to be a priority.
I don’t disagree. I wonder if all of the aftermarket aluminum swingarms are marginal in their ability to handle the forces applied to them while riding.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for posting. How much do you weigh? Regardless, it shouldn't crack.

Did you order from Motorkit? Are you dealing with kepspeed directly? Let us know how it turns out.
140 lbs soaking wet.

Ordered from motorkit.

On a positive note, after a bit of initial miscommunication, Kepspeed responded to my inquiry about warranty and they said they never had this problem before, would like some additional pictures and video, and would replace the swingarm if indeed it was a defective unit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picture of bottom of swingarm where the crack in the weld occurred. Keep an eye on yours if you are running one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Putting the stock swingarm back on here is what happened when I loosened up the axle nut.

Not a great design.

·
Registered
772 Posts
W...T...F!

Reactions: Phoenix and Pard
1 - 20 of 87 Posts