Honda Grom banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I am kinda surprised that after only 5 or 6 days they would be dead and/or screwy. I think I ran nearly a whole season on some TT92s so I was hoping for the same kind of longevity out of the Kendas. I have a spare set of wheels with PMTs on them now for track work but still run the Kendas when I don't feel like swapping or don't have the time.
Many riders get a whole season out of Kendas and the 5-6 day thing is likely isolated to other issues with the bike's suspension or tire pressures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Refreshing an old thread. I have Kenda Kwick's getting put on in the next couple days, and their website is pretty thin on pressure info, just says 33 psi max. Anyone that has chimed in here with experience, especially track experience, with these tires have pressure recommendations, hot and cold? I'm trying to find a used set of 12" tire warmers now, but I don't think I'll have any in hand any time soon, so I'll be starting out on cold tires at least for the first few parking lot days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
On track I'm running 18 psi rear, and 17.5 psi front, cold. I'm using the 130 rear and 120 front. At those pressures the tires will come up to temp quick on a nice sunny day, you won't need tire warmers for the Kendas, just take the first couple of laps at a 6-7/10s pace and you will be fine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts