Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, I'm making a promise. It is my decision to keep my Grom completely stock. Many (probably all) of you will find my decision to be crazy. Others will disagree, hate, ridicule or even diss me. But hey, it's my Grom and I'll do with it what I wish. I'm keeping the ugly rear fender section on. I'm keeping every single sticker on the bike. Not one modification. I mentioned in an earlier post that I want to do something about lowering the pegs so that my legs don't rub against the curved sides (I'm tall). But I'm leaving it alone. The only thing that will be bolted on is the license plate once it comes in. Other than that, NOTHING.

Simply keep up with maintenance and adjustments. Oh yeah, and put miles on it. That's right, call me Mr. Stock.

Promise!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
It's yours you can do what you want or don't want. Who cares what others think.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm enjoying it now as it is. But I do plan on putting a lot of miles on it...So I don't plan on making it a collector's item.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
....and in 10-20 years it will be worth more than any modified Grom.
Haha, that would be cool. So I'll stand out in a crowd of Groms, right? Just about everyone else will be modded...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And much love to all modders out there, not hating just because I'm leaving mine stock.

·
Registered
335 Posts
....and in 10-20 years it will be worth more than any modified Grom.
Not necessarily...I'm looking at mine thinking I put new original aftermarket parts on it that in time may be unavailable due to the fact that more domestic builders will have these parts available. It will be an original modified, if you will.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've owned 40 bikes over the years and have never modified anything. Thought about a different muffler on a couple of bikes, but never even did that. I also won't be modifying the Grom. What I've always done is decided what I wanted first, then bought the bike to fit that niche. I do occasionally see a really cool bike like the 70cc bike that was stolen in Indianapolis, but I wouldn't have the skill to transform the bike to that anyway. A couple of Groms I've seen definitely look better too, but I am suspect of big bore kits, etc. to improve performance when a bigger bike does that in spades.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not necessarily...I'm looking at mine thinking I put new original aftermarket parts on it that in time may be unavailable due to the fact that more domestic builders will have these parts available. It will be an original modified, if you will.
You lost me. What is a "new original aftermarket" part? Anyone get what he's saying? Not trying to be an a**.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts