Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top speed is 50-53 and i want just a little more out of it for some of the roads around where i live. I've got the Akrapovic exhaust no header and thats it. How much can i see with an intake and a tune?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Walter,

Is that indicated or using your GPS? I'm seeing about 10 MPH more indicated (I weigh 145) on my stock (Takegawa exhaust) Z125M. I'll admit, it takes a long level straight road to achieve the 60-62, but it eventually gets there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is just based on the speedo and i weight a bit more than you lol its some encouragement to lose some but until then. I've tucked and gotten to 60.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Okay, that sounds about right, for I was probably in a slight tuck myself.

Good luck with the build and performance enhancements.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry he has a cam in that video, but a graph to show a 2.5 hp increase with an intake and flash. Unsure of the top speed.

Attachments

Reactions: Ninelives17

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a yoshi rs-3, mnnthbx mtake, and bazzaz zfi with a map made from their custom mapping tool, and i hit 60 no problem. weigh about 190, about 5'9"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Top speed is 50-53 and i want just a little more out of it for some of the roads around where i live. I've got the Akrapovic exhaust no header and thats it. How much can i see with an intake and a tune?
Not much, they do little other than add noise.

I recommend the stage 3 kit from dhm, it's a high performance cam and a high compression piston along with an ecu reflash from dhm. They claim like 23 hp to the wheel, where stock is 9.7 at the crank.

I have the kit installed along with a dinger built intake and a Moriwaki exhaust, a 14t front sprocket, I am 6'4" and weigh 280lbs,and I can get to 60mph without having to tuck or really try, and a good tuck or draft and I can hit 65-68mph no problem.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
888 Posts
Not much, they do little other than add noise.

I recommend the stage 3 kit from dhm, it's a high performance cam and a high compression piston along with an ecu reflash from dhm. They claim like 23 hp to the wheel, where stock is 9.7 at the crank.

I have the kit installed along with a dinger built intake and a Moriwaki exhaust, a 14t front sprocket, I am 6'4" and weigh 280lbs,and I can get to 60mph without having to tuck or really try, and a good tuck or draft and I can hit 65-68mph no problem.
23 to the wheel is a gross exaggeration, your probably looking at the 14-16 range. That is still twice the stock HP though. I would love to see some evidence to the contrary, but even a well tuned bbk is only 25-29 hp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
23 to the wheel is a gross exaggeration, your probably looking at the 14-16 range. That is still twice the stock HP though. I would love to see some evidence to the contrary, but even a well tuned bbk is only 25-29 hp.
I agree "9 Lives"! The DHM web site shows 13.5 HP output with cam, reflash and Hi-comp. piston. I have stage 2 from DHM and saw a notable improvement in upper rpm power but @ 11.5 hp (cam and reflash). With a CBR 250 motor exchange, you might be able to get those numbers or an old RD 350 wedged into it, with expansion chambers. WE buy these bikes and all dream of high speeds, but the tiny wheels would kill us if the math behind reaching those hp numbers in the twenties didn't shoot pistons at us and cause our demise!

We can all dream!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts