Honda Grom banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I can't see the pics either.
I updated some of the pics from the last two posts that were linked but other posts before those aren't showing up either?

Yes, I have a Ducati Scrambler but the stock seat isn't great. I am using an aftermarket seat instead so the stock seat was just on a shelf in the garage.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I updated some of the pics from the last two posts that were linked but other posts before those aren't showing up either?

Yes, I have a Ducati Scrambler but the stock seat isn't great. I am using an aftermarket seat instead so the stock seat was just on a shelf in the garage.
How do you like the Scrambler? I love those bikes.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How do you like the Scrambler? I love those bikes.
I absolutely love it. Except for the stock seat. Slap a Sargent seat on there and it can do almost anything. Oh, and the stock shock is pretty cheap. I still need to replace that with something more advanced.

It's a great bike for commuting because it's a comfortable, upright ride that lets you scan the road for idiots on cell phones trying to murder you. It carves canyon corners well and and the 800cc twin is punchy enough to accelerate quickly. It can even do some light off-road when the pavement ends. (It's far too heavy for serious moto cross.) I've owned faster bikes but I think this is the best all-around bike I've ever owned for the kinds of riding I do most.

My wife prefers something a bit more refined with a smoother clutch. But I love the Scrambler because it's like a grown-up supermoto. It wants to be ridden like a hooligan.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I needed a much larger rear sprocket for a lot more torque and a lower top speed. I ordered this 60 tooth stunt sprocket from Steady Garage. It's a little larger than the stock rear sprocket.
IMG_0699.jpg

I also did some more welding to my rear brake shaft. It's not even straight but I guess it will work.
IMG_0702.JPG

Here's how it looks with the rear brake in place
IMG_0703.jpg

And here's my MX boot sitting on the foot peg for scale
IMG_0706.jpg

And here's the whole thing as of this afternoon
IMG_0707.jpg

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think this thing is done for now. Here are some pics.

I mounted up some dirt tires.

Then I cut down and raised the front fender.
Before:

After:

It's a Predator 212 motor from Harbor Freight. The blue cover is a torque converter to get some wider gear ratios out of this single speed motor.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts