Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Build has started!

All new pictures will be added to main post as time goes on.

Day 1 The ride home

Didnt want to bring the trailer so she rode nice and safe in the back.

Flush LED front turn signals

Fits perfect on our headlight mounts. If only doing front LED's you will also need to install a flasher relay (part #EL12)

2 x Honda Smoke RR F4 F4i LED Turn Signal Lights Indicator Mount Flush Blinker | eBay

Rear fender eliminator

Home depot carries aluminum angle in about a 6ft length. I cut to fit drilled holes and painted. Very clean and easy.

Rear LED blinkers

These blinkers mount right under the taillight. The orange 5 LED blinkers are very bright. It mounts with double sided sticky tape and should work fine. If the tape does not hold I will mount with bolts. They do not come with built in resistors and must be added. Radio shack carries the correct insulated waterproof 50ohm resisters. They must be soldered into your positive and negative leads and wrapped with shrink wrap. Again you must still use your flasher relay EL12.

LED Motorcycle Turn Signals Blinkers Front Rear Peg Light Cowl Slim Flush EVO S | eBay

This is how I wired in my resistors. Must go threw + and - Hope this answers a few questions

Custom Plastics

Work was done by Hydro Graphics Inc. If you don't know much about water image transfer it is basically a film that dissolves into the plastics and is clear coated. They are down the road from me and do a lot of things for huge companies The plastics are being dipped and painted in Kryptek Typhon. One of my favorite dips for guns. Parts being dipped are: shroud covers, front fender, rear tail, and headlight mount.

Hydro Graphics Inc.

Custom seat

My wife's grandpa has done upholstery on the side for years and has a full set up in the shop. Over the next week we will build a softer seat with a custom cover this is what I would like it to look like. Starting at the bottom it will be black. Next line up with be silver and finished up with a pleated black on the top.

Seat Finished. Final product ended up alittle different but still like the outcome. More padding added to make her a little softer.

Adjustable Levers

Our levers are the same as 2011-2012 CBR250R. I went with cheap Ebay levers as I have owned them on all my big bikes and work great.

T2W CNC Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Honda CBR250R 11 13 Short | eBay

Rim Tape

Rim tape came in today very easy install. Printed on oracle which I was shocked at $8 shipped that cannot be beat.

12 15 inch Wheel Rim Tape Stripes for Motorcycle or Car Available in 5 Widths | eBay

Painted Side Cases

Local store had a huge box of model paint for $10 so I decided to paint the side cases. Dropped the paint in the letters and pushed around with a brush. Let it dry for 15mins. I took out a razor blade and went around the the top of the letters for a sharper letter.

Mirrors

They are a knock off of a $300 pair of mirrors. The size is perfect for the grom. They are nicely made and in budget. No plastic here!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290610728156?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Handle Bars and Mount

I went with TAG Metals 1 1/8 oversize mini racer bars. Tag makes the correct 1 1/8 mount but at $80 I passed. Pro Taper makes the needed mounts at half the cost.

Installed picture coming soon.....

Rotors

GalferUSA makes a rotor for the front and is still working on the rear at this point. Alittle overpriced at $130 but this is the wasting money thread. Braking makes a rotor alittle under half the cost if not wanting to spend galfers $$. Part number is DF078W. Ive seen some floating rotors but dont know the quality. On brakes I'm not risking cheap.

Brakes

Brembos are on order. 84mm P32 will be the new shoes. Taste of gold.

Brake Lines

I have used HELUSA for my last builds and they have made me some awsome lines in the past. I called them up today to build me another set. They told me to send in the OEM lines and they will send me braided for free so they could start making sets up for sale. Very excited to have there lines on my bike. Should be here next week in smoke lines, silver banjos, and black bolts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Items that need to be ordered:

Ohlins rear shock
Exhaust - waiting until something I like hits the market - talked to two bros they are suppose to have something amazing we will see =)
G-Craft or Over triple swingarm
Rear sets
Big Bore
FI box

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hes getting pretty old now and when I told him he just laughed so I took it as a no on building a few. The plastics are about 2 weeks out. Im very excited to see them. It may be to much but we will just have to see. If so I'm sure I can sell them and move back to the stock plastics. As for the rear blinkers matching the fronts I don't think they would fit the rear that good. I wanted a clean basic rear end. The rear blinkers are very brite but very small. Just what I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Custom Plastics

Work was done by Hydro Graphics Inc. If you don't know much about water image transfer it is basically a film that dissolves into the plastics and is clear coated. They are down the road from me and do a lot of things for huge companies The plastics are being dipped and painted in Kryptek Typhon. One of my favorite dips for guns. Parts being dipped are: shroud covers, front fender, rear tail, and headlight mount.

Hydro Graphics Inc.

OMG I have to see how that comes out. I love that patern!!!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
for those of you unfamiliar with HGI:
HGI is basically the hottest hydro dip company right now nationwide.
They do some of the highest end dip/paint combos in the industry.

They do all the ducks + many other team's helmets.
Sports gear Helmet Football gear Football equipment Football helmet

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Terrible to answer your question It is not a sticker it is soaked into the plastic and cleared with automotive paint. yes they are awsome! looked around the shop. They do have alot of duck stuff. Also showed me pictures of some of there SEMA work. Sould look awsome one of a kind when done

1 - 20 of 24 Posts