1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
752 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference. If you like all of the mods on the used bike, that's not a bad price. You could strip off the mods you don't like and sell them as well. Personally, I like starting from scratch, picking each component myself and know exactly how the bike was maintained. Mods, unfortunately, are hardly investments. I'd estimate they are worth about 25-50% of what you paid once they're installed and 50-75% percent if you sell them separately.

By the way, I think it's $3449 out the door at your dealer. If you buy used, you're likely going to have to pay sales tax when you register it (depends on the state).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good amount of $$ invested in that modded grom. You would end up paying a lot more than 1.4K if you went anywhere near that route on the new bike. All the work is done for you. With that said - a lot of the stuff is cosmetic, bar the cam, pipe, battery, tyres and fuel controller. MNNTHBX has a power package available which is good value for money - which you could put on a new bike and make it your own. Plenty of options - depends if you end up going the BBK route or not. I'd buy new and build as your budget allows/see what you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts