Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
you will need aftermarket low down pipe and make a metal tab long bracket to hold on rear brake master resirvor. , possible need longer hose. No need take out panel.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every time ??
How often are you needing to fill it
On my bikes I usually check fluid levels at the beginning of the season,
then don't worry about them till the end

Dog
I was just messing with my brembo caliper that's why. An for me I can't ever get it fully bleed the first time. An I got one of those hand pumper vacuum bleeders too. But yea for the most part 2-3 times an then I don't need to go in there again. Was jus irritating cause most bikes are accessible with not having to remove anything except the screws for the cap.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was just messing with my brembo caliper that's why. An for me I can't ever get it fully bleed the first time. An I got one of those hand pumper vacuum bleeders too. But yea for the most part 2-3 times an then I don't need to go in there again. Was jus irritating cause most bikes are accessible with not having to remove anything except the screws for the cap.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
i also have to replace my brake fluid which one do you reccommend i get

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the other day I was riding and noticed I didn't have rear brakes just bought bike brand new 2020 why could this have happened to me? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
The rear brakes require more effort than you might think. That being said my 2020 will easily lock the rear tire if I push hard enough. If yours will not, take it back to the dealership. They should fix it under warranty as long as the brakes are stock.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
What people use their rear brakes, I hardly touch or use my rear brakes on any of my motorcycles, mostly front and down shift.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I use mine a lot, anytime I'm on a loose enough surface my front end could wash, anytime I wanna hear my tire squeal, anytime I wanna slide the tail end around like I'm a 10 year old on one of those bmx bikes you could pedal backwards on and lock the rear tire. Pretty much all the time actually.......

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use my rear brake very frequently. Maneuvering at slow speed where lots of balance is involved, like parking lots, the rear brake is the best option without a doubt. It doesn’t disrupt your balance like your front brake. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe they teach that in motorcycle training classes.

Becoming comfortable with the rear brake, where using it is second nature, is important in any emergency braking situation. It reduces your stopping distance by a not insignificant amount.

I also drag the rear brake a little in some turns. It will almost feel as if it helps steer the bike around the turn. Especially tight switchbacks. At higher speeds, everyone, at one time or another, has found themselves running a bit too hot while in the middle of a turn. If you pull the front brake the bike wants to kind of stand up and go straight. Instead, I drag a little rear brake and the bike is not disrupted. You have to make sure you don’t lock the rear wheel. Of course it is best to brake before entering the turn, but everyone misjudges things from time to time.

In the mountain biking world, some of the best riders I’ve ever seen were former BMX racers. I’ve found people that raced BMX are very comfortable at using the rear brake and it plays a big role in how they ride. I wear out rear brake pads, before I wear out front brake pads on my mountain bikes. Yes, the front brake contributes more stopping power, but most of the time I only need to scrub off a small amount of speed. If I’m stopping or need to lose lots of speed, I use both brakes.

I’m not telling anyone how to ride, but I’ve heard quite a few people in the motorcycle world say that they never use the rear brake. I believe the rear brake is your friend, and you will be a better rider if you learn how to use it effectively.

It’s easy to get in the habit of only using the front brake, because in my opinion, it requires less effort to use it.

As Cisco mentions, down shifting plays a huge role too.

As you set up for a turn, downshifting, the right amount of front brake, and the right amount of clutch slip is a beautiful thing when you nail it just right. Feels neat. Backing it in! The pros make it look easy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
BrawndoGrom. I totally agree with you about the rear brake being your friend , and it seems that you've developed and learned good habits of using it in certain situations. The rear brake is an underrated technique and tool that can improve the riders skill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts