Honda Grom banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
36, Grom isn't my first bike and it's used as a second bike (actually probably gets more use than my main bike) but still, never too old for a Grom IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
What's age got to do with anything? I'm not a big fan of a Grom/Monkey as a first motorcycle (much more capable and just as easy to learn on bikes out there) but they're great fun for what they are. I've been riding for nearly 50 years (62 years old) and have been dragging a knee on the track since my late teens. I love it when the guys at a track day see all this gray beard and hair come out from under the helmet of the guy that's been lapping all the young flat bellies.

However, I'm a fan of anything that gets more people out enjoying life on two wheels so go ahead and rock that Grom.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your mom said NO Motorcycle! LOL, JK...... Pushing 50 and have several bikes, been racing since the mid 70's. Until I got my Duke a few years ago, the Grom was my favorite street (and some track days) toy. No replacement for a supersport on the track though....

Me last Oct 1st track day in nearly 4 years, and 1st time back on the R6 since I nearly died on the Grom when a trailblazer hit me doing 50mph on the Grom. If I can come back from that, anything is possible... Rule the fear, don't let it rule you!

EDIT!!!! Who's the jackazz that revived a 4y/o thread? LOL!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im 58 and have a 2019 Grom , Incredible Green. I also have a BMW GS.
My present stable of scooters includes a BMW R1200GS, a Yamaha WR250R, my Grom ABS, and a Sur Ron X bike. I've had some turnover in the last year or so moving on to other hooligans a KTM Super Duke 1290R, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1600GT, and a Beta 200 EVO trials bike.

The GS gets 2 - 3 week+ trips on it every year, usually an ADV type ride that puts some dirt under it. The WR250R is for the single tracks I love to ride in PA and Western MD. The Sur Ron is for stealthy trials practice near home and the Grom is to teach my daughter how to ride a manual tranny bike. We're likely to move the Grom along soon and pick up a CRF125L for her if I can find one. Well, unless my wife falls in love with it for running her errands around Annapolis.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was begging for a minibike or atv throughout my childhood. Neighbor had the 3 wheeler, dirt bike and snowmobiles so at least I got to live vicariously. Bought my first motorcycle at 18, it was a 1986 Suzuki GS550.

The Grom satisfies all of my inner child that was denied.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Grom
48 Posts
I just purchased my first motorcycle at 30 and it's a grom am I to old to be riding a grom as my first bike
bro I purchased my 1st motorcycle (2020 Honda Grom) ever at the age of 42. No your not old. Welcome and enjoy your journey.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Been riding motorcycles, ATV’s since I was about 8 years old. Now 52. Been over the bars over 100MPh at Laguna Secca, on a 200++ HP Ducati. Have owned and ridden just about everything.

Groms are just plain Fun! And something to be said doing all this on a 9-30 Hp bike (depending on the thickness of your wallet)
I’ve had countless hours of fun on a 5k bike, just as much as bikes that cost 10x that of the Grom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Honda MSX125 'Grom' - UK 2021
3 Posts
I'm returning to riding after a long break and just brought a Honda Grom as a 50th birthday present for myself, so you've no worries buying at 30 :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
My neighbor just turned 40 and was looking at the Grom in our garage wondering out loud if he should get one as his first motorcycle. I asked him how he'd use it - just running errands around Annapolis and maybe ranging out 40-50 miles on some fun rides. My advice - hell, no. It can't carry anything that isn't in a backpack and you're going to get run over on the highway around here. I went with him help him look at a BMW 650GT scooter and he ended up bringing it home and couldn't be happier. That thing hauls balls and will easily pull over 100 mph without breaking a sweat and it's got room for all his groceries under the seat or whatever his errands demand. OK, it's not the hoon bike that a Grom can be but it'll smoke any Grom no matter what's been done to it. I told him to get a Grom next just for fun play time if it's calling to him.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts