• your thoughts matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day, So we have maybe herd of the Cannon ball ride? Maybe not? I just herd of a group of guys " Soldiers of Destiny Scooter Club ". I dont know if any one here's this up and running for the Monkey? But I am interested. I ride often usually biker bikes, But I am going to ride in August Lancaster Pa back to Capecod. To see if I can do this. I am a loner not sure about you all but Id like to talk to forepeople about doing a ride of distance and beauty. Sometime and even this fall? just a thought. I am not able to try spongers or the other BS that they did but it sounds interesting I put it out there !

·
Registered
27 Posts
It would seem pretty cool to do a long ride, but my ass gets sore after 60 miles. Don't know why since the seat is wide and comfortable.

·
Registered
679 Posts
How long are you talking about? @Hairless and I recently did 367 miles on our Groms. It was awesome!

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Registered
24 Posts
My brother and I just picked up our Monkeys in Ames, Iowa. 5 states, 1700 miles and tons of amazing scenery later we made it home. There was pain involved but the beauty was completely worth it. Make the bike as comfy as you can, but you will still feel pain.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice long ride. What state do you live in? I just bought a Monkey and am picking it up Saturday it’s a two and a half hour drive and I can’t wIt to get it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've definitely done longer rides on less comfortable bikes - including some dual sports with 2x4s for seats. I've been tempted to hit the road on the Monkey as well - maybe for a fun week exploring backroads with a buddy. I think the one real issue is speed. I top out (on flat ground, no wind) at right around 55mph. While that's the legal speed limit here for a good many roads, it's really not the practical speed people drive. I'd spend a good portion of any long trek with cagers riding my @ss or passing me unsafely. That just doesn't sound like fun to me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been traveling exclusively on 125's for about seven years now including a trip to the Appalachians from Indy with Harley mounted friends. The secret to small bore travel is to stay off the main roads. While occasionally I'll have to use a U. S. highway for the most part I ride on the lesser used secondary highways and country roads. Careful study of a map to determine your route in advance and use of a GPS will allow you to keep going in a particular direction without using the main roads or the autobahn.

The biggest problem I've found is finding accurate county road maps.

Reactions: Ninelives17
1 - 7 of 7 Posts