Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I know there is another thread about this but I have some photos etc and didn't want to confuse anyone else on the other thread incase things were different.

I bought an integrated tail light on eBay (yes I know): Honda MSX125 GROM LED Rear Integrated Tail Light Brake & Indicator *UK STOCK*

Out of the tail light there is a set of 3 wires (blue / red / black) with the large connector on which simply replaces the stock one, so you unplug the stock and then plug this new one in to the bike,
there are then 2 YELLOW wires coming out from the tail light....

Coming out of the BIKE, the harness has 2 yellow, 3 black and 1 green,
so, I used basic connectors for now to connect the 2 yellow from the light to the 2 yellow on the bike, the indicators work, left and right,
BUT, on this tail light, the whole right or left section is supposed to flash orange, but on mine, only 3 of the middle 6 are flashing, the whole outer red stays on,

ALSO, my rear foot brake doesn't work, the front hand brake works, the red gets brighter no problem, but the foot/rear one doesn't work.

I've downloaded and checked a wiring diagram for the Grom but the colours on there aren't the same as my bike.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this and what I should do next,
I can live with the indicators only flashing a small amount in the middle but obviously the brake light is more important as I don't want to brake with just my foot and have a car go up behind me as the brake light didn't come on.

I've attached a photo of what it looks like when indicating, as I said, the whole side is supposed to flash orange but only 3 of the middle 6 flash,
when pulling the front brake, the outer red gets brighter and the middle 6 turn red too, but when using the foot brake, nothing happens...

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
not sure why all your leds aren't working for the turn signals, but for the rear brake light, adjust the brake light switch where it attaches to the brake pedal via a spring. there's a ring on the bottom of the switch which turns the rod in or out to adjust sensitivity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have the same light,I started the first post on it.I see your wire colors are different on your plug mine are Red,White and black.Will work on it later today going to try swapping the red and white wires.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Have the same light,I started the first post on it.I see your wire colors are different on your plug mine are Red,White and black.Will work on it later today going to try swapping the red and white wires.
You were actually the second haha. Someone a week or so before you had same problem and started a thread on it. Coming up a lot lately.

Did you figure yours out? I'm interested in one, but not sure if anyone got it working yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the first one. Sounds like he got it working.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got it-Turns out just had to rewire plug.The 7 year old boy from China had his colors wrong in the plug.It was easy all I used was a small screwdriver to release the wire locks inside the plug and rewired the plug correctly. Here is my color code light wire harness has black,red and white,bike has green,green yellow strI've and black.Match up,Starting with light harness Black to Bike harness Green,Repeat Red to Green Yellow Stripe,Repeat White to Black.All brakes and blinkers work perfect 15 bucks out the door.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never had a problem with my rear brake light so could this issue be due to the mismatch of wires then?

Again, my wiring seems to be different to other peoples...
on the 1 set I have the blue / red / black (not sure what colours they are going in to on the other side of the plug until I check tomorrow)
on the other I have 2 yellow / 3 black / 1 green

Any ideas which I should me swapping or connecting to what.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts