Honda Grom banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Pa., all street motorcycles are required by the state to undergo a safety inspection one per year. Once inspected, a approx. 2" x 3" sticker is then stuck onto the left front fork. Some biker dudes I know have installed a dedicated "inspection sticker plate" which must be mounted somewhere on the left side toward the front of the bike to avoid scratching the forks on their precious rides. Any ideas on where exactly I could mount something like this on my new Grom (when it finally arrives)?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, in other words, nobody knows or cares. And I must be the only idiot in Pa who will buy this machine.

·
Registered
695 Posts
So, in other words, nobody knows or cares. And I must be the only idiot in Pa who will buy this machine.
Lol we care I just think most people don't have there grom yet so they don't know of a spot yet. Once I get mine ill be looking for a space to put my eyesore of a sticker on my bike as well

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Challyfreel, thanks. But, once you drive your Grom away from the dealership, it's already too late. The government mandated sticker is already adhered to your fork. If you decide to change it, break out the heat gun, fingernails, etc., and pay for inspection again. I may be forced to go this route. I appreciate your concern.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My dealer (per my request) placed it on a plate. I didnt mention where and they bolted it behind the reflector at the front wheel. Not a real fan of this location. Since it is on a plate, I can take my time and either fabricate a bracket or find a better place.

I will post up its final location when I get to messing with it in the coming days.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Capn Kirk...this sounds like a winner...I will advise my dealer of this location...better than on the gold fork...behind the reflector at the front wheel. Thanks for the advice. Live long and prosper. And may all your rides be without incident.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I placed it under the bolt holding on the hugger/chain guard.

Vehicle Tire Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive tire

My Versys has its plate mounted in the same area, not up front but cops here don't hassle me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I feel sorry for you guys. I am sure my Harley would fail. The Grom wont be far behind im sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts