Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
the good news is..... its already almost been a month since i dropped my deposit/called for the first time. went pretty quick, but it think this next month/2 is going to take FOREVER. lol. please oh please honda, do the right thing! let us get them YESTERDAY. lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
When I put my deposit down the salesman said maybe September... :crazy:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
That would suck for me. I am on vacation the end of Aug beginning of Sept. I was hoping to do a LOT of Grom riding during that time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
After working for Honda for 12 years I have never seen an early release of any cars I can only assume bikes are the same way...Getting Impatient!

·
Registered
677 Posts
idk man.... we already have the 2014 RLX here at acura... its possible to release them anytime they want. lol

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
After working for Honda for 12 years I have never seen an early release of any cars I can only assume bikes are the same way...Getting Impatient!
Yup, hard to believe I've been on the motorcycle side of things 7 years now and sadly... Have yet to see them actually release anything early. Now I've seen them take advantage of the "dates are subject to change" and push release dates back many times. Knock on wood we get lucky though and at least they don't get pushed back.

Back to the 12 years part, thanks for making me feel young for the first time in a while haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They should release them sooner for us guys with shorter riding seasons. I was down for 2 months last year after dumping the Ruckus and trying to fix it as fast as possible. Worst 2 months of my life!

·
Registered
475 Posts
If the end of August arrives and get nothing...might be tempted to get a Ninja 300 hehehehehehe. Since I've already been promised a bike by the gf, she won't know the difference.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
If the end of August arrives and get nothing...might be tempted to get a Ninja 300 hehehehehehe. Since I've already been promised a bike by the gf, she won't know the difference.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO. Yeah the Nija 300 is cool but you will still be wanting a Grom. Hell guys are work who have NEVER ridden have seen the photos on my computer and have started talking about buying one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my class M and passed my safety course like 3 weeks ago and was going to get an 07 cbr6rr right after but then..... There was the GROM! Lol no 300 bro 125 all day! I've been dreaming about it and woke up with the biggest cool aid smile. So as bad as I want a bike period I will wait to GROM it up. Plus if its a 2014 release bike and we're getting it late July early August then I think we are pretty lucky. But only a few guys here in the states will be lucky do to quantity issues... Oh well I know me and my buddy are good!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I just got my class M and passed my safety course like 3 weeks ago and was going to get an 07 cbr6rr right after but then..... There was the GROM! Lol no 300 bro 125 all day! I've been dreaming about it and woke up with the biggest cool aid smile. So as bad as I want a bike period I will wait to GROM it up. Plus if its a 2014 release bike and we're getting it late July early August then I think we are pretty lucky. But only a few guys here in the states will be lucky do to quantity issues... Oh well I know me and my buddy are good!
Good for you! Got your license and in a few weeks will be riding a brand new bike. Warning - I have a lot of riding experience - I'm telling you right now, once you get the Grom it is going to be hard to trade "up" to anything else because the Grom is going to be so much fun to ride. The MB5s of the 80's were a blast to ride. This will be even better.

·
Registered
475 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOO. Yeah the Nija 300 is cool but you will still be wanting a Grom. Hell guys are work who have NEVER ridden have seen the photos on my computer and have started talking about buying one.
Buy a bigger bike and wait to get a Grom later used....hahahhahaha. This will most likely only happen if they tell me I can't get one until like December or something.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just don't understand why a august release from a marketing stand point in the US at least it makes little sense. Riders; if they were in the market for a (new/Different) bike, would have already bought one at the beginning of the season not towards the end of it..

If honda started selling these, in lets say march/april/may, that would give them so much more exposure and potential for other buyers to inquire and buy/want the bike.. Then they could have done what ever they wanted to gear up, during the winter months, to judge how they should go about the next years model.. Im confused

PLUS: Im struggling saving my money to buy this thing right now.. Im so close to just building a supermoto pitbike because two more months is going to feel like forever.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I wonder if they HAVE to wait until after July of 2013 to release a 2014 model. Pretty sure if it was released in April/May they would have to call it a 2013 model.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts