Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

This is my first time posting at this forum . I am London,UK based, originally from Lithuania , got my Grom 4 months ago and i’m in trouble already. On Monday somebody tried to steal it while i was at work. I ride my bike to work everyday and I keep it parked in Mayfair 7am-5pm . This is what I found after work : a disc lock which was on the front wheel was missing completely, all cables/wires chopped off and a big hole in key lock/ignition, surprisingly steering lock was intact. My question, is it possible for my husband to change ignition himself , and if yes can someone link any tutorials or explain how to do it.

Thank you and sorry for all the mistakes, I hope you get the point.

Kotryna

IMG_20170614_095718_661.jpg Picture1.jpg Picture2.jpg Picture3.jpg Picture4.jpg Picture5.jpg

·
Registered
683 Posts
Right before reading this post I just finished watching a YouTube video about bike thefts in London. IIRC the poster said that there were 22 motorcycle thefts per day and they are getting more and more brazen and violent if confronted. Crazy.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I saw the Youtube videos of guys stealing bikes in front of people who are yelling and video taping them.... The thieves are so comfortable they don't even look up from their work. Perfect time to bash their skulls in.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Back to your original question -- depending on how messed up the affected parts are, your husband PROBABLY can fix the bike himself. If it were me I would start off on a Honda parts site that has a microfiche view of the ignition system and related parts and see which parts are available for order. Where things can get tricky is how messed up the wiring harness is. Doing it yourself will save you big bucks over a dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m doing mine now. I bought the lock set from Honda. $200 in Canada. The biggest problem is the lock bolts to a bracket and then the bracket bolts to the top triple from the bottom. They use sheer bolts that snap the heads off for a theft deterrent. If you can get to the 2 lock bolts it should be easy. On mine they took the lock and bracket that is on back order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts