Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys so I have noticed a lot of people want to get some power out of their Groms, these little bikes are fun but just imagine how much more fun they will be with some new found power. Currently I work at RealStreet Performance we are a shop that specializes on selling parts for engine builds both for import and domestic vehicles so with having an extensive background in engine internals we have decided to jump into the Grom performance market.

We are sending Wiseco a brand new OEM Cylinder, Cylinder Head, Piston and Crankshaft to examine and measure so that we can find the limitations of the factory supplied components. Very soon we will be bring out the highest quality Grom piston kits on the market which is why we are coming to you - the owners - to find out your preferences. Here are some phographs of the OEM components we took prior to packaging them up for shipment.

Strokd_GE will be working directly with me in this project considering he had great success in the ruckus scene with his ported heads and "race" engines that many owners got from him.

Pricing is yet to be determined as these will be built specifically for us at Real Street Performance to our specs, and since Wiseco does not have the parts in their hands yet, those specifications have not been decided upon yet. I plan on keeping this thread updated as new information comes in so guys let me hear your thoughts on this and if you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to throw them on here.

Thanks, Jean Colon

[email protected]

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would like a high compression piston 11.5:1 maybe even higher

·
Registered
246 Posts
For a street engine, I think I'd like 150cc with around 10:1 which might be what you get with the bore. It's been years since the dyno room, but I recall something about diminishing returns when the compression got above 11:1 on our air cooled engines, we were making a lot more heat but not much more power, but like I said it's been a while, I could be mistaken. Personally, I won't buy anything that made it "complicated" in terms of fuel or anything else, I'd like a bit more zip, but would like to keep the "jump on and go" intact.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree with the 150cc comment. That seems the right amount. I have an idea that if I could get to 60 with a little left over. That would be enough to get out of a jam on the road. Keeping the complexity down is a plus too. I don't want to have to mess with new cams, oil coolers, stuff like that. Simple is better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree with the 150cc comment. That seems the right amount. I have an idea that if I could get to 60 with a little left over. That would be enough to get out of a jam on the road. Keeping the complexity down is a plus too. I don't want to have to mess with new cams, oil coolers, stuff like that. Simple is better.
Right.... I f I want a hot rod I'll put the lighting coil in my CRF 150 R and BAM! 23 hp. I t just doesn't seem to make sense to mess with this engine too much from my point of view. Honda has done a spectacular job tuning the fuel injection etc. I know it's blasphemy, I'm just offering an honest opinion which is what I think the OP was looking for

·
Registered
158 Posts
Interested in a complete reliable bore kit. BUT..... You guys need to focus more on head work also. You can add a ton of bore but if your not working on any head mods your not releasing any potential power this motor may have. I have yet to see a company do anything with the head. Be the first and get to market. Send me your prototype ill put her to good work.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I've had a lot of success porting heads on ruckus so I'm going to be doing heads for these, for Jeankysti but it will all be pre-tested on my personal bike and hopefully I can get the local bike dyno place on board and cut me deals so I can keep up with mods and what they're doing

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allright guys keep your suggestions coming!

It seems like a reliable 150cc is what most of you guys want to see any specific reasons why not something bigger?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Allright guys keep your suggestions coming!

It seems like a reliable 150cc is what most of you guys want to see any specific reasons why not something bigger?
If you can go bigger while maintaining considerable reliability..DOoo IT and we will buy it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
All bore kit, cams, cranks, and head ideas are in need of a EFI Tuner! As far as the ideas go I stay start at 150cc and maybe have one more up to the maximum displacement the stock crank can handle 180-190cc? Will they need larger fuel Injectors? Then offer a "Stage IV" with crankcase milled for stroke, crank, cam, head..etc There will be those who want a bolt on and go approach then there will be the ones who want to test gearbox reliablility ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
All bore kit, cams, cranks, and head ideas are in need of a EFI Tuner! As far as the ideas go I stay start at 150cc and maybe have one more up to the maximum displacement the stock crank can handle 180-190cc? Will they need larger fuel Injectors? Then offer a "Stage IV" with crankcase milled for stroke, crank, cam, head..etc There will be those who want a bolt on and go approach then there will be the ones who want to test gearbox reliablility ;)
Go BIG or go home.. it has 4 gears might be able to limp home on the ones that still work.. or just push it.. it's light.. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts