Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own the Icon Variant Helmet? It's one I've been considering buying one as a good street helmet..

or

·
Registered
475 Posts
No sorry. I have the Icon; Death From Above helmet, I love it and it's the only helmet that fits me so perfectly. I love the red one...

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Icons are the best looking helmets style wise, and they generally pass their helmets through European and Japanese test's. i tried one on though and it just didn't work with my head shape.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yeah, I learned long ago that Shoei helmets don't fit my head. Arai work and so to JFKs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The thing about Arai is that they make different helmets for different head shapes. So if one model doesn't fit you right, another one probably will. I wear a Profile/Signet series, for long oval heads. The Quantum/RXVII series are actually painful for me to wear.

·
Registered
257 Posts
According to my local dealer/reps the deal with helmets is the manufactures claim they pass certain ratings (DOT, Snell, etc.), this is no proof they would actually pass. Several different helmets (out of thousands) are tested annually to see if they would in fact pass the ratings they claim... some pass, some don't. His recommendation was to invest in good, well know reputable company.

The thing about Arai is that they make different helmets for different head shapes. So if one model doesn't fit you right, another one probably will. I wear a Profile/Signet series, for long oval heads. The Quantum/RXVII series are actually painful for me to wear.
Exactly. Round ones don't fit me but the semi-oval's do really well.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Love mine :) I want to get another colorway of it soon!

·
Registered
325 Posts
comfy and well made, not the quietest helmet around at freeway speeds but def a looker :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I own an Arai also, Signet Q. I love it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got the raw carbon that is just clear coated over. Love it. But I'm used to riding dirt helmets on supermoto's. I attached a link to the one I have. I Love it
ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1378260630.439291.jpg

I've grom'd off the deep end!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the matte black icon variant...they just released (last week) the icon variant "ghost" helmet which is absolutely insane..check it out on revzilla.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts