Honda Grom banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ill let you know when it arrives. Thanks that’s me I can’t hear my wife but anything on the car or bikes always seems to be amplified lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ill let you know when it arrives. Thanks that’s me I can’t hear my wife but anything on the car or bikes always seems to be amplified lol
lol! That’s actually a great point you make. I may need to get my hearing checked by a doctor. I increasing struggle to hear those frequencies that the female voice falls within. From what I understand, this is common amongst married men.....

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re reading info it seems the Kitaco clutch cover won’t fit the monkey with stock exhaust. So my next question is can someone confirm the Takagawa clutch cover does bolt on with stock exhaust? and no figment issues?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
672 Posts
I don't know if the Takegawa cover and stock exhaust fit but I do know that Takegawa has the silver cover now.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
672 Posts
Hard Racing has this pic:

Do you have this exhaust or the twin outlet chrome version?

This one is quieter than the twin outlet chrome version.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nope. I have the stock exhaust with the cat. I did have that exhaust and didn’t like the extra noise. It was pretty quiet but stock was quieter. I saw the Takegawa in silver and want to go that route if it will work on a stock setup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The Koso air filter arrived. I should get it installed before the weekend. (work gets in the way). Do I need to reset the ecm? I know that’s a newb question but idk. Still havent pulled the trigger on a cam or cover. Mostly because I want the cam more than the cover but haven’t been able to understand how to select the best one for the performance I want.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I wouldn’t bother. Just ride the bike. The ECU will adjust on its own for an air filter. It won’t take long. A reflash would be optimal if you don’t have one.

I don’t know what else to say about the cam. I love my Yoshimura ST-2M cam. When drag racing my friend’s stock Grom, it doesn’t appear that I lost anything on bottom end and the bike quickly started to walk away. Yoshimura has a pretty legendary history with camshafts. I don’t find it noisy either. You’ll definitely want a reflash if you install a cam.

The clutch cover is a nice piece. I like the features it adds. The oil window, oil filter, spinner removal, and the ability to run the Kitaco Super Oil Cooler, which I have installed. It’s also a great opportunity to add Kitaco or SMR 60% stiffer clutch springs, a billet clutch lifter plate, and possibly a Takegawa Super Oil Pump. The 60% stiffer clutch springs are what the bike should have come with from the factory. The springs and lifter plate are worth every penny, even if you never add a higher performance oil pump or oil cooler.

You’ll figure it out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts