Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my first monkey last week and I am in love. Wish I new they existed a couple of months ago. Although it is a "mini bike" I can barely touch the ground. It has a higher seat height than my last 3 motorcycles. I am a 5'3" " female. Is there any way to lower the seat of pull back the handle bars?

A bit of history about myself. My dad bought me a Yamaha trial 80 dirt bike when I was 12. Spent a lot of time on it as a kid. I have always had an interest in classic cars and participated in many car shows along side my dad, dad and I both showing. My husband has been a motorcycle owner/rider since he was 16 and had dirt bikes as a kid. About 10 years ago I needed a new challenge so I got my motorcycle endorsement and have owned three bikes since then. I recently received my dads 1950 Cushman barrel spring eagle and it is off being restored. I have always liked retro,especially 50's era. I am so looking forward to riding it this summer......but had I known that this little monkey existed I would have seriously considered it instead. I had searched for a small retro bike but had no luck. The monkey is almost perfect...but meant for a taller rider. If I could touch the ground I would have the monkey to ride and the Cushman to show.

Anyone know how to modify for a short rider?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
214 Posts
Saw my first monkey last week and I am in love. Wish I new they existed a couple of months ago. Although it is a "mini bike" I can barely touch the ground. It has a higher seat height than my last 3 motorcycles. I am a 5'3" " female. Is there any way to lower the seat of pull back the handle bars?

A bit of history about myself. My dad bought me a Yamaha trial 80 dirt bike when I was 12. Spent a lot of time on it as a kid. I have always had an interest in classic cars and participated in many car shows along side my dad, dad and I both showing. My husband has been a motorcycle owner/rider since he was 16 and had dirt bikes as a kid. About 10 years ago I needed a new challenge so I got my motorcycle endorsement and have owned three bikes since then. I recently received my dads 1950 Cushman barrel spring eagle and it is off being restored. I have always liked retro,especially 50's era. I am so looking forward to riding it this summer......but had I known that this little monkey existed I would have seriously considered it instead. I had searched for a small retro bike but had no luck. The monkey is almost perfect...but meant for a taller rider. If I could touch the ground I would have the monkey to ride and the Cushman to show.

There are lowered fork and shock options and an adjustable side stand to go with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the tracker seat it’s quite a bit lower. Less padding for sure but isn’t a problem for my 230lbs.
3FB58D73-AFF5-41E9-966A-E5D9A34DCB22.jpeg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any competent auto trim guy, should be able to cut down and narrow the stock seat.
Several aftermarket options as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts

kitaco or takegawa seats are 15 to 20 mm lower

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any competent auto trim guy, should be able to cut down and narrow the stock seat.
Several aftermarket options as well.
I do have a company nearby that is known for their custom upholstery work in classic cars, I will have to check it to that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the Cushman I am having restored we are changing out the 8 inch wheels for 10 inch. I wonder if I could change out the monkeys 12" for 8 or 10"? I will have to talk to the guy that is restoring the Cushman and get his thoughts also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts