Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

the purchase of this bike will be my first "dealer new" buy. I have bought 2 motorcycles prior to this both from craigslist. (fzr600, and gixxer600) plus a couple of minis that I parted out.

The question I am posing is what should I expect to pay @ 2999 MSRP?

How much more is it going to be on average?

I don't want to get 'taken' by a salesman and would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Mcaracappa

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Depending on where you live and what the dealerships main type of sales are. ( atv dealers will usually give street bikes away just to get them off their floor plan). Expect freight, set up and tax/tag fees. Some will negotiate the freight & setup but with this thing being pretty popular plus we have no idea how many Honda is actually bringing to the states so demand may be very high.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's kind of tough to be "taken" by a sales person on a $2999 MSRP bike. On a $25000 car there's generally less than 3% profit.... Just saying. You have tax (in most states), licensing, doc fee, and destination. I would expect a price about $3800-$4000 out the door.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So when I was looking at a Ruckus my local Honda dealers both hit me within $100 of eachother. The MSRP on the 2013 Ruckus is $2,649 plus tax, licensing, documentation fee, and destination/set-up. One dealer hit me at $3400 out the door and the other dealer hit me at $3300 out the door. I know the guy who quoted me $3400 out the door decently. He said that they have little mark up in them and says they make their money off of extended service contracts and gear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I was quoted $3991.97 out the door from my dealer. He took $200.00 off because "I was the first to put money down and purchase when it gets here." So $3791.00 out the door.

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Pretty much right where it should be.... Thanks for all the feedback guys. It lets everyone know what ballpark they should be in so they don't get ripped off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I payed $3715 otd..... no reason to price shop for $100.. I work for a cycle store. Not much money to be made on these little units...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are any of you guys financing the bike? I planned on paying cash but since I'm a college student and books are close to 500 a semester it looks like ill have to pay (after the deposit) monthly.

The only reason I ask is because I am 22 and have a limited on how much I can put on my credit card monthly. I only use it to fill up my truck, but plan on putting these monthly payments on there too and writing a check.

I also don't want to be paying this thing off forever haha

·
Registered
677 Posts
why would you finance, to pay with credit, to pay with check?

im gonna finance the remainder of my balance (~3200) and pay 300-400 monthly payments to get it done in a few months. im looking at this as another ++++ on my credit.

·
Registered
942 Posts
4200 otd quoted in hawaii. which was expected since we prolly have a higher freight charge then the mainland. which doesn't make any sense to me cause, well assuming they are built in japan or thailand some asia country wouldn't hawaii be closer than the mainland? idk..... but either way i got money down an a place reserved in line for when they do show up... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
BUT... they prolly ship to cali, then back halfway across to you. lol

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
4200 otd quoted in hawaii. which was expected since we prolly have a higher freight charge then the mainland. which doesn't make any sense to me cause, well assuming they are built in japan or thailand some asia country wouldn't hawaii be closer than the mainland? idk..... but either way i got money down an a place reserved in line for when they do show up... :)
It's because you dont have the option of driving to another state haha

I was told 4200 as well here in FL so don't feel so bad

1 - 20 of 91 Posts