Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started my build with a goal of being able to cruise my big arse (200+ with gear) at 55 mph regardless of the conditions. In order to be able to get on the highway when it was necessary to expedite travel time. ( 90% of my riding is backroads ar or under 45mph ). Well after more money than I care to recall I’ve one upped myself. I can now cruise at 60+mph at or under 7500 rpms all day regardless of the conditions. I wanted to be able to pull this off in order to not have to rev the ever living crap out of the bike for longevity’s sake. I put on a 32T rear tonight to go with the 16T up front and voila ! Along with my engine mods, fueling etc. I’ve surpassed what I thought was attainable with the Grom. So, as long as it holds together and doesn’t wind up a pile of parts on the side of the road, I just may be done throwing money at the Grom ( he says with a smile ). Thanks to this forum and the guys here that have been so helpful when things weren’t going well with the build. You know who you are ! Now it’s my turn to pay it forward.

Ride safe everyone the season is upon us !

47C27613-0500-4026-A7DA-88A209E74522.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
I started my build with a goal of being able to cruise my big arse (200+ with gear) at 55 mph regardless of the conditions. In order to be able to get on the highway when it was necessary to expedite travel time. ( 90% of my riding is backroads ar or under 45mph ). Well after more money than I care to recall I’ve one upped myself. I can now cruise at 60+mph at or under 7500 rpms all day regardless of the conditions. I wanted to be able to pull this off in order to not have to rev the ever living crap out of the bike for longevity’s sake. I put on a 32T rear tonight to go with the 16T up front and voila ! Along with my engine mods, fueling etc. I’ve surpassed what I thought was attainable with the Grom. So, as long as it holds together and doesn’t wind up a pile of parts on the side of the road, I just may be done throwing money at the Grom ( he says with a smile ). Thanks to this forum and the guys here that have been so helpful when things weren’t going well with the build. You know who you are ! Now it’s my turn to pay it forward.

Ride safe everyone the season is upon us !

View attachment 79262
Congrats! I wish I could reach 90mph ~ 100mph on my Grom, now tops 60mph ~ 65mph. I do 100% ridding on the streets but if I could go over 60mph I may try going in the FWY. Even though, at 3:00 pm the top speed on the 10fwy is like 25mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts