Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every weekend I train a group of people.

This was the first dry weekend that I got to use the Grom as my demo bike. It amused the students and few of them were really interested. I told them after they passed they could try it and no one took me up on it? Weird

Social group Motorcycle Motor vehicle Vehicle Team

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Oh, I thought New Riders was a magazine or something.....

Good job anyway! :friendly_wink:

-

I remember in my MSF course their were a husband wife couple who had just spent $50k on Harleys for themselves but had never ridden (possibly even bicycles). They were dressed in $1k worth of harly clothes....LOL oh man....They both dropped the little 250cc training bikes a couple of times. One quit, and the other outright failed the course.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Shape

it was for D, ooopps i forgot to hit the reply with quote button.

I just took my MSF course 6 weeks ago... and i would have love to take it using a grom!

·
Registered
231 Posts
They all look like they drank the Harley cool aid. My brother just bought a Fat Glide Street Bob... or something like that. It's very sparkly. :smile:

The local powersports place is giving 3 to the community college for their MSF course. I heard they were going to rotate them out every 90 days, fix up the damage and resell them. Might be a good opportunity for a used Grom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They all look like they drank the Harley cool aid. My brother just bought a Fat Glide Street Bob... or something like that. It's very sparkly. :smile:

The local powersports place is giving 3 to the community college for their MSF course. I heard they were going to rotate them out every 90 days, fix up the damage and resell them. Might be a good opportunity for a used Grom.
Now that's too funny!
Who did the donating? Keep me posted on that Tony!

·
Registered
98 Posts
LOL at the 50k spent on Harleys when they can't even keep a 250 upright.

When I took the MSF class a girl locked up the rear on the braking test and then let go, promptly high siding. Only her ego was bruised and I thought it was kind of special getting to watch someone high side in slow motion, yet real time. Even a little light weight 250 at slow speed will throw in a good wiggle as the rear tries to come in line with the front.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
LOL at the 50k spent on Harleys when they can't even keep a 250 upright.

When I took the MSF class a girl locked up the rear on the braking test and then let go, promptly high siding. Only her ego was bruised and I thought it was kind of special getting to watch someone high side in slow motion, yet real time. Even a little light weight 250 at slow speed will throw in a good wiggle as the rear tries to come in line with the front.
As for that couple in the Harley clothes, I would have felt sorry for them if they weren't so obnoxious. They were following a dream of riding together. The thought of either one of them pushing a 1200lb Harley makes me cringe. I hope they sold it all and took up SCUBA diving or something....

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hey, what do you have against scuba diving?? :p

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WHAT i would have been all over that one!!! what were they scared to use it?
I dunno. I would have sincerely appreciated their feedback no one said yes.

It was hot and muggy and I ran them hard and fast all morning. I think they may have decided to be smart and go rest. I'm pretty good at my job, my school is not a diploma mill like some. So perhaps they were using their heads

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Las Vegas. I can't remember where I heard that from. It surprised me too. Ridenow is in the business of screwing their customers over.
Indeed they do. I have history with the people that originally started the motorsports group which spawned Ridenow. If you look up the term douche bags in the dictionary you won't see a picture of them because it would be too complimentary.

P.S. I'm not normally critical of other business' but these guys have gone WAY out of their way to screw with myself and a lot of other people that I respect in the industry

·
Registered
231 Posts
Indeed they do. I have history with the people that originally started the motorsports group which spawned Ridenow. If you look up the term douche bags in the dictionary you won't see a picture of them because it would be too complimentary.

P.S. I'm not normally critical of other business' but these guys have gone WAY out of their way to screw with myself and a lot of other people that I respect in the industry
I'm only critical of this business. I got butt raped on my Versys. It's my fault. I got caught up in wanting the bike RIGHT NOW. I learned my lesson. I try to shop local, but whenever I have gone there, it's been a disaster. I don't know how they stay in business. I tried to get a Grom from them. They wouldn't budge from $4700. I told them they were on crack.

I already had a deposit on a Grom in Utah. I happily made the drive. When I decide to get my Zero, I'll go back to Monarch.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i took the MSF to refresh before i got my M endorsement.. there were people there that took the MSF last year but were taking it again to relearn i guess.. one lady had a harley at home.. only rode it in parking lots.. she ended up quitting.. i thought the MSF was fun and very easy.. most i already knew.. some i didnt simply because nobody taught me how to ride.. we just jumped on minibikes and rode.. if they had a grom there after i graduated i would of jumped on it.. the yamaha dual sport 250 was awesome to ride on all day heh

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know how they stay in business.
The motorsports group was started by people that had a LOT of money. The rumor is that it was created to lose money for them for tax purposes. I've literally heard someone from the company say " We don't need repeat business" I guess that means they feel like if they maximize what they get the first time, then they're good.

I used to purchase salvage bikes at auctions. I found a couple sales receipts from them under the seats where kids had signed an $18,000 loan on a bike that retailed for $7999, blows me away

1 - 20 of 22 Posts