Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 35 years of street riding experience on over two dozen bikes including a couple of 900cc + sport bikes and two strokes. I have NEVER been able to power drift the rear tire out of a corner until I bough a 125cc Honda Grom.

Too much fun.

Reactions: Tiller1k

·
Registered
236 Posts
LOL. I knew they were good for something. I was planning on saving a set of mine to burn on Earth Day to offset some of the green karma I have accumulated through recycling thousands of empty beer bottles and cans each year.

Incidentally, a similar effect can be had by using armor all on the tread of the tire.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i was actually curious if they are even worth posting on ebay.the landfill wants to charge me $5.00 per tire to take them lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
i was actually curious if they are even worth posting on ebay.the landfill wants to charge me $5.00 per tire to take them lol

When my shop put the Power Pures on my Grom, they said they would give the V rubbers to the next scooter kid with no money that need new tires. Donation might be a good idea.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill leave mine at the dealership. I would hate to give them away only to find out the taker went down do to the hardness of the tires.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And another thing, when my son is sitting on the curb in front of the house and is view is blocked by parked cars, I can coast up quickly, slam the rear brake and scare him with the screech...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I chirped the tire yesterday downshifting. What is a good tire to replace them with?
I am going to use Michelin Pure Sports. No first hand experience but I hear they are great.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Huh.....

I guess I was looking at street tires, not scooter.

Yep those are what I want..

BTW I am a fan of MCsuperstore because the owner wanted to buy one of my custom builds to display in thier new retail store. I had sold the bike just before he contacted me about it, but we still keep in touch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is my first bike, so maybe it's just due to inexperience but I havent a problem with the tires in 400 miles so far. What issues are you guys running into that makes everyone say they're no good?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I spoke too soon^

I just took it out in the rain and accidentally broke it loose sideways shifting from 1st to 2nd while turning from a red light. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put mine down for putting a bit too much trust in those tires, then I realized... I can hammer these things till they blow and I won't feel bad about it. My riding has become more erratic and counter intuitive since that realization. I haven't gone 10 feet in a straight line since.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ya people are going with the 140, word is the Michelins are slightly skinnier anyways so it fits nice. I ordered the stock size front and the 140 rear.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lol. I came to this thread thinking "I wonder where he is going with this..."

Seriously, you made me LOL IRL. Well played. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts