Honda Grom banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my OG Grom R/R to the SF unit as a plug and play solution to be able to easily run a LED headlight bulb. I knew the mounting of the new unit would be a challenge, and some members said they had to fabricate a bracket and spacers to make it all work cleanly. I was able to get the SF unit mounted using old OEM hardware I had in the parts bin, and get the rear brake reservoir mounted back to the OEM position. No fabrication or needing to buy any special hardware.

This is what the area looks like when you remove the OG R/R, mounting bracket, and the brake reservoir. There is a hole in the frame close to the center of the pic, remember it, we will be using it.

When you plug the SF R/R into the OG wiring harness, it will look like this.

Flip the rubber boot 180 degrees so the wires come out of the other direction.

I used this weird nut and bolt that held the OEM fender reflectors.

Remember that hole in the frame? Put the short end of the bolt into the hole in the frame, and put the nut on the backside to make a pseudo-stud to mount everything to. Use thread locker to keep the nut from backing off.

I threaded on another nut I found in the parts bin to act as a spacer.

Mount the R/R onto the stud. (optional, I used parts bin washers to sandwich the R/R)

Topped it all off with a nut and tightened it down on the stud we just made.

Mount the rear brake reservoir back into the OEM location. The new SF R/R clears the brake reservoir by a few mm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just finished the r/r swap on my OG Grom and when I plug in my LED headlight it doesn’t light up. Also the high beam indicator on the cluster is stuck on. If I plug in my stock headlight it works fine. Am I missing something? Do I need to rewire the headlight I got? I’m using the headlight in the link below:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts