Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I did a search prior to this and couldn't find anything, and my 2019 Grom manual doesn't tell or explain how to check the oil. It... just says to. Unless I missed it.

The dipstick has the markings 'PA66' and 'K26J' which don't help. I see the sightglass, but I can't see any oil in the glass (when bike has been warmed, let sit for a few minutes, and stood at a level). Thanks

IMG-1087.JPG

·
Registered
63 Posts
The “safe” area on the dipstick is that little crosshatch area on the bottom of the stick. Upload a pic of this sightglass you are seeing please

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The “safe” area on the dipstick is that little crosshatch area on the bottom of the stick.
So it should be somewhere in-between the two arrows?

Upload a pic of this sightglass you are seeing please
Now I'm assuming what I thought was a sightglass is just a badly placed circle in the metal of the tank that looks like one. this ain't no sightglass right? lol I can't see through it even in direct sunlight... and that line reflection seems to be the steel next to it.

unnamed.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is black paint, not a piece of glass.

This little spot right here is where the oil should be.
Ah ok I see those markings on the end. That makes more sense because after I stuck in the dipstick there wasn't any oil higher than that.

Is there anything in writing from the manual or Honda that I'm missing to where the correct marking for the level should be? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
613 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts