Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mine a few days ago and I'm out and about running a few errands and all the sudden I'm thinking, I can't haul crapola on this little fella. I'm not a back pack guy so I'm wondering what are y'all using to haul things around on the grom? Saddle bags ? trunk mounted on the back ? luggage rack with bungie cords? Spill the beans...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I use a back sack. Smaller and lighter than a backpack. Dont even know I have it on. It has worked very well for me.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use a courier bag that has a strap that goes over the shoulder. Carries as much as a backback and keeps the weight off your back.

For the gas tank stretch a bungee net over it and stuff things underneath.

I plan to get a rear rack and mount a JC Whitney knockoff Givi full size case on it.

I figure all this is enough to ride the bike x country to Alaska....

Reactions: Marmotos

·
Registered
171 Posts
Shoebacca has the rack with the Givi case on it. Looks like it holds quite a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anybody know what windshield that uk touring guy is running? Biggest one I seen on a grom so far, may actually block a little cold Air

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
they rack is the standard h2c everyone else has been buying..

it does the job. i added the silver handles from spares i had at work. i bought longer bolts from home depot bc the included hardware was 1/4 too short. i wrapped my top case in relfective material as well from extra material when i install my vinyl wrap.

i choose it bc it was cheap and good reviews. so far it has been watertight. i,m suprised how much stuff i can pack in there.

i can put my jacket or helmet or a 1 gallon jug of milk. it doesnt however fit two helmets like some givi's. givis are nice but i think they are 3-4 more!

there is no lining inside this case so im trying to come up with a way to pad the inside.

Amazon.com: Emgo 72-32440 Travel Trunk: Automotive

if nayone wants, i can take a pic on the inside.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey shoebacca, love your post and pics. Just curious who and how much you paid for rack. I ordered mine from tyga. Waiting on shipping without tracking no. I wish us Honda dealers get with the program soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts