Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I also have many different bikes from an antique standard, to a v-twin sportbike, to the Grom. When I ride my mom's scooters I make it a point to throw a big wave to all the Harley riders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a guy on a loud-ass Harley pull out behind me. He kept revving his engine and creeping way up on me making all kinds of racket as we rolled down the road. He pulled up next to me at a stop light, looked down at the Grom, and gave me a fist bump. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I had a similar experience. Harley guy and his old lady riding in front of me on his blurple softail. Stop at a light and I roll up next lane over beside them. He looks over and says "Nice day for a ride, huh?" I replied it was and him and his old lady talked about my Grom. First time I have ever had a Harley rider even look my way.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Actually my favourite game is giving a big friendly wave to Harley riders.
It really freaks them out, coz they don't know what the bike is
And I defo look like a traditional Harley dude. Beard, tattoos, beer gut......

Actually IMHO you'll get more respect from Harley riders than sports-bike riders
Coz they understand cool, and the Grom is defo a cool bike

Dog

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a dude pull up beside me on what I think was a Honda Shadow and ask what it was. I'm too new to riding to click to neutral and pull up my extremely difficult visor on this damn Icon helmet so I just yelled IT'S A HONDA GROM!!! I think he heard me. Then the light turned green and I gunned it because I didn't want to look like a noob and stall out. Looking back, I bet I came off as a dick...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Harley riders are dicks where I live. We get a lot of passers-by because of Hollister being so close. Can't remember the last time I got a wave back from one. Everyone else waves or throws the peace sign. That's when I ride my WR. Whenever I was in the MadAss, only scooters waved, haha.

·
Registered
246 Posts
On my maiden voyage I had three or four people ask me what the hell it was while sitting at stop lights. I waved at every other bike I saw coming the other way, most returned the wave, and had some dude turn around in the mountains and chase me down to get a look at it (he's lucky I was still being careful or he never would have caught me :D ). Last bike I bought that got this much attention was my Superduke, pretty good exposure for $11500 less money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
South Park season 13 Harley Riders episode was the best take on some of the Harley riders. I ride one and I do wave at anyone on a motorcycle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts