Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that with the stock gearing, the speedo was pretty darn accurate. I put on a 14t front sprocket and went for a ride with a GPS to test. As I expected, the speedo was off and read high, but by about 9% and not 7% like I expected. I never measured the stock speedo with GPS, but I'm guessing it reads about 2% high. That's still pretty accurate, but not dead on like I expected.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tire treadwear is a factor, too. The Koso DB03R allows you to punch in the current tire diameter to get a more accurate reading.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe it or not, I've never had a speeding ticket, but my goal is to get one on the Monkey.

I doubt I've done much to the tire diameter with just over 600 miles on the bike.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Believe it or not, I've never had a speeding ticket, but my goal is to get one on the Monkey.

I doubt I've done much to the tire diameter with just over 600 miles on the bike.
Very funny, cops won’t stop me. I ride like a supermoto hooligan. Sidewalks, parking lots, 15 mph over speed limit, they think it’s a scooter. WOT!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stock sprockets on my Grom. Speedometer is right on the money by GPS and a LEO friend's radar gun too. My KTM is off nearly 10%, but that is due to a screwy EU regulation.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
with my stock speed sensor, Takegawa 5 speed transmission, 16/32 sprocket setup, and 140/70-12 rear tire, every time I pass one of those electronic speed device near a school it shows 28-30mph when my gauge shows 25 and in residual area where the speed limit is 35mph and if they have a speed trap LED display if I go 35mph it shows 37-38mph.

·
Registered
609 Posts
with my stock speed sensor, Takegawa 5 speed transmission, 16/32 sprocket setup, and 140/70-12 rear tire, every time I pass one of those electronic speed device near a school it shows 28-30mph when my gauge shows 25 and in residual area where the speed limit is 35mph and if they have a speed trap LED display if I go 35mph it shows 37-38mph.
Those things pick you up??? How big are you Cisco! Because I have yet to see one tag me while riding past them, lol.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Those things pick you up??? How big are you Cisco! Because I have yet to see one tag me while riding past them, lol.
I'm a little guy - 5'6" and 155 pounds and the one near my job always picks me up. It in a 25 MPH zone. My speedo seems to be dead accurate, but I'm all stock except for the tidy tail.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just put the Kenda Big Blocks on mine and with the 14t up front, my speedo is now off 7-8mph. I ordered the SpeedoDRD H9 Speedo Calibrator to fix, but with the stock tires it was only off by 5mph.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts